Hue 2.4.0 Binding Rule Actions not working

Hi,

the Hue documentation says that we can use fadingLightCommand via getActions() on hue Things but I can’t seem to get this working for me. I’m getting the following error:

[ERROR] [ntime.internal.engine.RuleEngineImpl] - Rule 'Ambilight Movie Mode': 'fadingLightCommand' is not a member of 'org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.binding.ThingActions'; line 95, column 13, length 83

This is my rule:

rule "Ambilight Movie Mode"
when
    Item Living_LibreNucControl changed
then
    val hueActions = getActions("hue","hue:0210:1:o_color_strip1")
if(Living_Ambilight_MovieMode.state == ON && Living_Ambilight_L01.state == ON)
{   
    if(Living_LibreNucControl.state == PLAY)
    {
        logInfo(filename, "MOVIEMODE: PLAY, DIM LIGHT")

hueActions.fadingLightCommand("color", new PercentType(10), new DecimalType(3000))
    }
    else
    {
        logInfo(filename, "MOVIEMODE: NO PLAY, MAX LIGHT")
        hueActions.fadingLightCommand("color", new PercentType(100), new DecimalType(3000))
    }
}
end

When looking at the readme for a Binding, there is a drop box in the upper right hand corner. If you are not on the latest snapshots, choose 2.4. This will show you the docs for the binding for the 2.4 version.

Doing this for the Hue Binding shows that the Action did not exist when 2.4 was released. You either need to update to OH 2.5 M1 or wait to use that Action.

You will have to o go for the snapshot build. The “fadingLightCommand” action is not available in the milestone build.

1 Like

Sorry, I totally missed that. But it’s a bit weird that clicking on a Binding leads to the documentation of the “latest” version and not the version currently installed.
Anyway, thanks for the hint.

There is an issue open to fix that. But there have been lots of higher priority things that need to get done first.