Hue binding not working with openhab 2.0

Hi, I am using openhab 2.0 offline from openhab.org downloads. And I am using the add on org.openhab.binding.hue-1.8.2.jar. I get the following error when i use log:tail. I have copied this binding in addon folder and in conf/services i have created hue.cgf on my own with refresh, secret and ip adress set according to the “Getting started with openhab 2” wiki.

here is the error

10:52:46.309 [ERROR] [org.openhab.binding.hue ] - [org.openhab.binding.hue(147)] unbind method [removeBindingProvider] not found
10:52:46.310 [ERROR] [org.openhab.binding.hue ] - [org.openhab.binding.hue(147)] bind method [addBindingProvider] not found
10:52:46.433 [ERROR] [org.apache.felix.configadmin ] - [org.osgi.service.cm.ManagedService, org.osgi.service.event.EventHandler, id=266, bundle=188/file:/home/moisesjimenez/openhab2website/addons/org.openhab.binding.hue-1.8.2.jar]: Unexpected problem updating configuration org.openhab.hue
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class javax.ws.rs.core.MediaType
at com.sun.jersey.core.header.MediaTypes.(MediaTypes.java:64)
at com.sun.jersey.core.spi.factory.MessageBodyFactory.initReaders(MessageBodyFactory.java:182)
at com.sun.jersey.core.spi.factory.MessageBodyFactory.initReaders(MessageBodyFactory.java:176)
at com.sun.jersey.core.spi.factory.MessageBodyFactory.init(MessageBodyFactory.java:162)
at com.sun.jersey.api.client.Client.init(Client.java:342)
at com.sun.jersey.api.client.Client.access$000(Client.java:118)
at com.sun.jersey.api.client.Client$1.f(Client.java:191)
at com.sun.jersey.api.client.Client$1.f(Client.java:187)
at com.sun.jersey.spi.inject.Errors.processWithErrors(Errors.java:193)
at com.sun.jersey.api.client.Client.(Client.java:187)
at com.sun.jersey.api.client.Client.(Client.java:159)
at com.sun.jersey.api.client.Client.create(Client.java:669)
at org.openhab.binding.hue.internal.hardware.HueBridge.(HueBridge.java:52)
at org.openhab.binding.hue.internal.HueBinding.updated(HueBinding.java:295)
at org.apache.felix.cm.impl.helper.ManagedServiceTracker.updated(ManagedServiceTracker.java:189)[7:org.apache.felix.configadmin:1.8.8]
at org.apache.felix.cm.impl.helper.ManagedServiceTracker.updateService(ManagedServiceTracker.java:152)[7:org.apache.felix.configadmin:1.8.8]
at org.apache.felix.cm.impl.helper.ManagedServiceTracker.provideConfiguration(ManagedServiceTracker.java:85)[7:org.apache.felix.configadmin:1.8.8]
at org.apache.felix.cm.impl.ConfigurationManager$UpdateConfiguration.run(ConfigurationManager.java:1753)[7:org.apache.felix.configadmin:1.8.8]
at org.apache.felix.cm.impl.UpdateThread.run0(UpdateThread.java:143)[7:org.apache.felix.configadmin:1.8.8]
at org.apache.felix.cm.impl.UpdateThread.run(UpdateThread.java:110)[7:org.apache.felix.configadmin:1.8.8]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)[:1.8.0_91]
10:52:46.437 [ERROR] [org.openhab.binding.hue ] - [org.openhab.binding.hue(147)] unbind method [removeBindingProvider] not found

I know that there is a problem with this hue binding. Is there any new hue binding present for openhab 2.0.

Why not just using the 2.0 binding packaged with the distribution ? It is working.

I cannot see a hue binding for 2.0 in the distribution. Can you please help me find it. I have also tried adding bindings to addons.cfg in conf/services and i get this

188 | Active | 80 | 1.8.2 | org.openhab.binding.hue
189 | Active | 80 | 1.8.2 | org.openhab.binding.http
190 | Active | 80 | 1.8.2 | org.openhab.binding.exec
191 | Active | 80 | 1.9.0.201605080111 | org.openhab.binding.http

Which means that i still have active 1.8.2 for hue

Run bundle:uninstall 188 and of course remove your hue jar file from add-ons folder.
Yes you can add hue in addons.cfg and hue binding 2.0 will be installed at startup.
Or you can install it from Paper UI. Find it in extensions.

why not use online distro?

I tried installing the hue binding with PaperUI today and it wouldn’t install.

I added ‘hue’ to my addons,cfg file and openHAB wouldn’t restart (lots of errors in log pertaining to the hue binding.

I removed it from the addons,cfg file and restarted openHAB almost successfully - now paperUI has disappeared - I get:

HTTP ERROR 404

Problem accessing /paperui/index.html. Reason:

Not Found

Any ideas for:

1. Installing the hue binding?
  2. Getting paperUI back?

Thanks!

openHAB 2.2.0~20171030010135-1 (Build #1072)

Fixed. I didn’t think it would work but I upgraded everything using openHabian-config and now paperUI has returned and I was able to install the Hue binding with paperUI.