Hue Bridge connection lost

I’m having issues with some of my lights not triggering during ON/OFF rules. I have a rule that turns on about 10 lights for sunset and then another rule that turns off the lights at a specific time based on the day of the week.

Some days, all of the lights turn ON or OFF correctly. Other days, 2-3 won’t turn ON/OFF.

My Hue bridge is Gen 1 and it is plugged directly into the same router as my RPi3 running OH2.

I’ve checked the log and frequently have this error (10-20 times a day):

2018-01-20 08:42:05.785 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'hue:bridge:0017881xxxxe' changed from OFFLINE: Hue bridge connection lost. to ONLINE
2018-01-20 09:24:46.205 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'hue:bridge:0017881xxxxe' changed from ONLINE to OFFLINE: Hue bridge connection lost.
2018-01-20 09:24:59.102 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'hue:bridge:0017881xxxxe' changed from OFFLINE: Hue bridge connection lost. to ONLINE

I’m currently on the HUE 2.3.0.SNAPSHOT Binding.

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Here are some Posting, that the Binding has Problems with V1 Gateway … it seems that this is your Problem too. Do a search in this Community, perhaps someone has post an Work A Round … but I don’t know …

I did solve this issue by upgrading to the Gen 2 hub. Fair warning, the “Transfer Hub” feature for the Hue doesn’t work. I had to grab all of the serial numbers from every hue bulb and re-build my Hue network. It was a pain in the butt, but I no longer have these issues in my log and my OH2 rules are correctly turning off the lights.