Hue bridge found again and again

Hi,

I have setup a Philips Hue bridge with some device and connected it to OpenHAB. I can control the Hue items via OpenHAB.

However, every two minutes OpenHAB finds the Hue bridge again and puts it into PaperUI’s inbox - even though there is already a working Thing and Item configuration for it. The logs are continously polluted by entries like this:

2019-01-02 14:54:49.770 [INFO ] [g.discovery.internal.PersistentInbox] - Added new thing ‘hue:bridge:0017886dcc21’ to inbox.
2019-01-02 14:54:49.772 [home.event.InboxAddedEvent] - Discovery Result with UID ‘hue:bridge:0017886dcc21’ has been added.
2019-01-02 14:59:55.818 [me.event.InboxRemovedEvent] - Discovery Result with UID ‘hue:bridge:0017886dcc21’ has been removed.

Why does it show up and what can I do about it?

Thanks a lot, Torsten

Exact problem here, did you find a solution?

stu

I have the same issue…

According to this issue on git you might ignore the hue bridge in your Paper UI Inbox - and have to repeat that after every OH restart…

(Which still doesn’t explain to me why the hue bridge shows up in the inbox at all when I have it already configured via config files…)

EDIT: Okay, ignoring the Hue Bridge doesn’t help at all - it was already on the list of ignored things and still the message pops up in the log…

What did you name your hue bridge thing?

I had this problem and found that if the name does not match what is in log files it will keep getting discovered. In the log file described above it would be hue:bridge:0017886dcc21

I won’t have access to my files for a week or more. But I may be able to talk you through it.

1 Like

Interesting point - I did choose the name of my bridge based on the binding doc (-> Bridge hue:bridge:1). Will test if your tip helps :thinking:

If yes, than it should be mentioned in the docs - I’ll look into it.

EDIT: It is mentioned in the docs - I overlooked it :sweat:

1 Like

It’s ok! I only know because I made the same error!