Hue Emulation error

• Platform information:
    • Hardware: CPUArchitecture/RAM/storage Raspberry PI 3+
    • Java Runtime Environment: which java platform is used and what version
    • openHAB version: 2.4
  • Issue of the topic:
    I have a KNX plant and I want to connect it to my Amazon Alexa.
    I installed openHAB and configured the KNX bridge: it works properly (I’m able, for example, switch on/off lights).
    I installed the binding HUE and after a while, openHAB discovered automatically the " openHAB Hue Emulation (192.168.1.119)" (the ip is my raspberry box). I added this inbox entry as “Thing”.
    The status of the Hue thing is “OFFLINE - CONFIGURATION_ERROR Failed to create new user on hue bridge.”.
    How I can solve the problem?

Have you set the correct port per the doc’s?

“Some devices like the Amazon Echo, Google Home and all Philips devices expect a Hue bridge to run on port 80. You must either port forward your openHAB installation to port 80, install a reverse proxy on port 80 or let openHAB run on port 80.”

Thanks H102.

I recunfigured openHAB to operate on port 80.

Nothing is changed: the status of Hue Emulation is always the same: Failed to create new user on hue bridge.

I don’t understand why.

I opened the port 80 of openHAB also on internet (port forwarding).

Your topic is about the hue emulation, here you are installing the hue binding.
Hue binding: allows OH to talk to a hue bridge
Hue emulation: makes OH appear to Alexa as it were a HUE bridge

You will find the Hue emulation under system integration on the OH website

The doc (link above) has the details about the configuration, but you will NOT have a thing and you will need to tag the items that you want alexa to discover.

@Gtnscebba you seemingly have exposed your OH to the internet. OH2 is running completely unsecured and you have created a HUGE security hole for your local network, putting all local devices at risk. You need to undo that.

Yes I know, but I have exposed it for a moment to do some test.

I have now closed again the connection to internet.

Thank you very much for your message.

I removed the Hue Binding.

The service “Hue Emulation” has been reconfigured to “Device Pairing yes” and “Amazon Echo device discovery fix yes”.

None is discovered. How to search new items to Alexa?

My KNX items work correctly from openHAB (I’m able to switch on/off lights altough they are “Offline” for openHAB).

Solved. Now it runs!

Thank you lipp_markus for your message!

Glad you got it to work