Hue Emulation with Alexa (TargetTemperature)

All,

I am using Alexa together with the Hue Emulation Binding and it works quite well.
However, I have tagged the thermostat target Temperatur (KM200 Buderus module) like this:

Number 	Heat_HzSollDay	"Zimmertemperatur [%.1f °C]"<heat>			(G_Numbers)			[ "TargetTemperature" ] {km200="service:/heatingCircuits/hc1/temperatureLevels/day"}

However, The item “Zimmertemperatur” is shown as “Lux Light” in the Alexa App after recovering the available Hue things and I get “Temperature is not supported on this device” from Alexa.

I did not find a good documentation about the Hue Emulation, but found this on the HomeKit Documentation (group for thermostat required):
http://docs.openhab.org/addons/io/homekit/readme.html

Obviously this structure is not the same for the Hue Emulation.
Did anyone successfully setup Hue Emulation with Alexa using TargetTemperature?
Thanks

Does nobody use this function with hue emulation!?

I don’t see the advantage to use the Alexa skill, so I would like to stay with Hue emulation.

i use the hue emulation function with alexa and eq3 thermostate and it works fine…

Hi @horschte,

so you can say: Alexa, please set the living room to 20°C?

Could you please share your items, because the tag “TargetTemperature” is somehow not recognized by Alexa.

yes that works…

here my config
item:

Number WZ_Heizung_Regler  "Heizung [%d %%]"  [ "TargetTemperature" ] {mqtt=">[openhab:set/wz_heizung/desiredTemperature:command:*:default], <[openhab:state/wz_heizung/desiredTemperature:state:default]" }

sitemap:

Setpoint item=WZ_Heizung_Regler label="Heizung Soll [%.1f °C]"   step=0.5 minValue=17 maxValue=30

alexa need the word “celsius”.
for you in german:

correct:
“alexa, zimmertemperatur dreiundzwanzig grad celsius”
false:
“alexa, zimmertemperatur dreiundzwanzig grad”

thanks a lot for your quick response.
I will give it another try!

This works for me, but the temperature set is 1 less than what i say…So if say 29, it will set as 28.

My items file has this entry

Number livingroomac_temp “AC 1[%d °C]” (HVAC) [“TargetTemperature”] { mqtt=">[localhost:/hvac/livingroom/temperature:command:*:default],<[localhost:/hvac/livingroom/temperature:state:default]" }

any idea why?

Thanks

Are you using a very old openHAB build? If I remember correctly this problem was present almost a year ago …

Nope…I’m using 2.1.0

Looks like there is only a workaround …

Sigh… i guess so…thanks for your help

So the offset of 1 degree is still the case?