Hue + Wiser

Continuing the discussion from Is Wiser by SE supported?:

Hi Jacob,

I am from Denmark too and really need help with my light system.
Right now I run a mix with Philips Hue + Wiser gateway with dimmers for the rooms with spots.

Have 1 Wiser gateway that is NOT supported with HA and 1 Philips Hue bride for all HUE lights which is supported in HA. All my HUE system works great , but my Wiser is not.

When I bought the Wiser system I thought the gateway could be added to HA , so I had all dimmers as sensors. However that´s not possible, so instead I am wondering if I can join all Wizer dimmers on HUE bridge and then drop the Wiser gateway and only use HUE. Do you know if that is possible ?

If not then my last option is to use a USB with HA Skyconnect for Zigbee and then add them directly , but I am novice and not sure how to do that :(.

Hope to hear from you when you have time :).

Best regards
Christian

I don’t know if you are aware, but this forum is for openHAB, not Home Assistant. :slight_smile: So I’m not sure how much I can help.

Generally I cannot advise to use Wiser with Hue. As written in the other thread, the dimmers almost work. However, you can’t turn them off using the Hue app. I have solved that for one of my dimmers with the Hue binding and a small rule in OH. Also you can’t configure the LED’s or set the minimum brightness level. So I would instead recommend switching to deCONZ or Zigbee2MQTT. Besides one dimmer still connected to the Hue bridge for playing with, I have all my other dimmers, relays and wall sockets on deCONZ.

Hi Jacob,

Thanks and sorry that I posted here, but I have been searching for a solution to add Wiser with gateway into HomeAssistant.

I will go for using zigbee instead of wiser gateway. Thanks for your time and reply :smile: