iCloud Binding Communication Error

I was able to update the binding and bring my account and devices back online, on OH 3.3 Release Build. Is there somewhere I can upload the jar for others to test?

1 Like

Yes, you can publish it to our marketplace category.

Any chance there’s a less formal alternative to the Marketplace?

Upload it somewhere and post the link.
But Marketplace will make it easier to install.

It is up to you.

Btw, what did you change ?
Did you open a Pull Request ?

Hi, did you change the osVersion and the productType?
Because this is how i solved the issue.
Are you able to do a Pull Request?
Else i would do it.

br

Here’s a link to the file for testing:

@Trinitus01 - yes, I changed osVersion to “14.0” and productType to “14,2”. I can do a pull request as soon as I figure out how to do that. :rofl:. Sorry, I’m new to all of this and just getting to this point to debug a binding was a massive learning curve.

7 Likes

Ok, let me know if you need any help on the Pull Request process.

br

So my research seems to be helpful :slight_smile:

@JensH - Yes, I was thinking about why add-ins developed for other platforms continued to work when the OH binding failed. What I’m seeing is that the approach most often used is to use the Find My (Web) based API, while this binding uses the FindMy Mobile version.

Your comment got me thinking about a possible minimum OS requirement so I went to the “Find My” app in the iOS App Store and their Compatibility states "Requires iOS 14.0 or later. Bingo!

COMMUNICATION_ERROR

java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: org.eclipse.jetty.client.HttpResponseException: HTTP protocol violation: Authentication challenge without WWW-Authenticate header

@sipvoip - might want to try restarting OH

Yep, I uninstalled old, copied new to /usr/share/openhab/addons and then restarted.

openhab> bundle:list |grep iCloud
309 | Active | 80 | 3.4.0.202207121439 | openHAB Add-ons :: Bundles :: iCloud Binding

Got it, did not need token at end of password.

Snapshot works with 3.3

same here. Works again with 3.3 release on docker.
Thanks!

@Trinitus01 - I created a pull request, are you able to see it and confirm everything looks right?

Seems a check failed. Did you put your Name and Mail to the commit, too? Maybe they will skip it. Code looks fine.

PR has passed all tests and is ready for review.

It was DCO, which I just corrected.

@peteraquino signoff needs to be the last line in the comment field.

1 Like