iCloud Binding Communication Error

Nothing here. It has been dead stable for me since it came back online.

1 Like

No issues here since it started working again.

Regardless, recent troubles have reduced my confidence in using iCloud for presence detection. I have started experimenting with GPSTracker - Bindings | openHAB and the OwnTracks iOS App. Initial results are encouraging. Location updates are driven by when the phone thinks it needs to provide an update, which more frequent than the 5 minute minimum using the iCloud binding when you are moving; less frequent when you are stationary. Also, the GPSTracker binding handles distance and geofencing related to regions defined in the app with channels and profiles, greatly simplifying my presence-derived rules. But it is still early days for me with this approach.

1 Like

I created virtual switches for all family members and exposed them to Homekit. In Homekit I created rules (arriving home/leaving home) which change the switch state. This has been by far the most accurate presence detection for me…

1 Like

Hey, can You explain with more details please?

If you use the homekit integration ( HomeKit Add-on - System Integrations | openHAB ) you can expose openhab items to homekit. So I simply created a switch-item in OH, exposed it to homekit and it will be visible in the homekit-app on your phone. One of the standard automation rules is “Coming / Leaving home”. You just configure this rule to turn the exposed switch on or off.

Since today, the probem with the “www-authenticate header” is back again…
someone else ?

3 Likes

Yes, same here

Yes, same

…I’ve got the same

ICloud Binding not working aigain.

1 Like

Last time, it was an apple issue…perhaps we have to wait a couple of hours… ;-(

1 Like

Same here since 6 pm

2 Likes

Is this working for you guys?

No, still same error

Yeah I´m having the same issue…

java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: org.eclipse.jetty.client.HttpResponseException: HTTP protocol violation: Authentication challenge without WWW-Authenticate header

1 Like

same here

Just to be part of the group…same here…

Same for me…

Me to

Yes, same here