iCloud Binding Communication Error

Please try again, could have been a temporary maven issue.

I just tried with an new installation with the same problem. I’am using the 3.2.0.M4 windows version.
Since the failed installation I get endless error messages:
org.apache.karaf.features.internal.util.MultiException: Error:
Error downloading mvn:si.uom/si-quantity/2.1
Error downloading mvn:javax.measure/unit-api/2.1.3
at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.download.impl.MavenDownloadManager$MavenDownloader.(MavenDownloadManager.java:91)
at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.download.impl.MavenDownloadManager.createDownloader(MavenDownloadManager.java:72)
at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.region.Subsystem.downloadBundles(Subsystem.java:457)
at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.region.Subsystem.downloadBundles(Subsystem.java:452)
at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.region.SubsystemResolver.resolve(SubsystemResolver.java:224)
at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.service.Deployer.deploy(Deployer.java:399)
at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.service.FeaturesServiceImpl.doProvision(FeaturesServiceImpl.java:1069)
at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.service.FeaturesServiceImpl.lambda$doProvisionInThread$13(FeaturesServiceImpl.java:1004)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:264)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628)
at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:829)
Suppressed: java.io.IOException: Error downloading mvn:si.uom/si-quantity/2.1
at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.download.impl.AbstractRetryableDownloadTask.run(AbstractRetryableDownloadTask.java:77)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:515)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:264)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:304)
… 3 more
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Error resolving artifact si.uom:si-quantity:jar:2.1: [Could not find artifact si.uom:si-quantity:jar:2.1 in openhab (JFrog)]

What could be the reason for them?

Hi,

I’ve downloaded the latest build from Jenkins.
Uninstalled the Icloud binding in OH 3.1.0.
Copied it to the addons directoy but on start this is happening.
Any help would be highly appreciated .

It’s working now! seems to be normal at startup

2021-11-24 10:06:00.685 [WARN ] [org.apache.felix.fileinstall        ] - Error while starting bundle: file:/openhab/addons/org.openhab.binding.icloud-3.2.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.icloud [32]

Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.openhab.core.cache

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:463) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.16.200.jar:?]

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.start(EquinoxBundle.java:440) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.16.200.jar:?]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundle(DirectoryWatcher.java:1260) [bundleFile:3.6.8]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundles(DirectoryWatcher.java:1233) [bundleFile:3.6.8]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.doProcess(DirectoryWatcher.java:520) [bundleFile:3.6.8]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.process(DirectoryWatcher.java:365) [bundleFile:3.6.8]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.run(DirectoryWatcher.java:316) [bundleFile:3.6.8]

2021-11-24 10:06:00.864 [WARN ] [org.apache.felix.fileinstall        ] - Error while starting bundle: file:/openhab/addons/org.openhab.binding.worxlandroid-3.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.worxlandroid [30]

Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.openhab.core.config.discovery

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:463) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.16.200.jar:?]

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.start(EquinoxBundle.java:440) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.16.200.jar:?]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundle(DirectoryWatcher.java:1260) [bundleFile:3.6.8]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundles(DirectoryWatcher.java:1233) [bundleFile:3.6.8]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.doProcess(DirectoryWatcher.java:520) [bundleFile:3.6.8]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.process(DirectoryWatcher.java:365) [bundleFile:3.6.8]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.run(DirectoryWatcher.java:316) [bundleFile:3.6.8]

2021-11-24 10:06:17.411 [INFO ] [org.openhab.ui.internal.UIService   ] - Started UI on port 8080

Please will be a communication error fix for OH 2.5? Thanks

voting for OH2.5 fix too

3 Likes

I updated to 3.2.-SNAPSHOT and there I could install the Binding and it works.

for me the same!!! worx :grinning: (update to 3.2.-SNAPSHOT on Docker)

+1 for me

I am currently on OH 3.2.0.M4 and accordingly the iCloud binding has also version 3.2.0.M4 but I still have the “COMMUNICATION_ERROR iCloud response invalid: null”

I tried to manually install the iCloud Addon which was provided above but for some reason I did not manage to get it running as it was not shown in the bundle list

Does anyone has a link to the fixed jar which is working? I do not necessarily switch to SNAPSHOT repository

Just got it running myself on the milestone version by downloading the jar file above. I did remove the iCloud binding through the UI. Then added the jar file to my binding which allowed my devices reconnect.

Thats what I have tried as well. Uninstalled the binding through karaf console. Stopped Openhab Service, added the JAR to addons folder and started openhab service. But the binding is than not shown as installed :-/ Any ideas?

Where is it not shown ? In the UI ?
That is expected.

No its not shown in the bundle list in the Karaf console and the iCloud things also not showing in the UI

please fix OH 2.5

1 Like

Please download again and retry. Seems to be an issue with the downloade jar.

1 Like

Thank for all of your help, indeed the downloaded jar file was the issue. I have downloaded now the whole KAR Addon file directly from the Build page (https://ci.openhab.org/view/Integration%20Builds%20(3.x)/job/openHAB3-Distribution/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/distributions/openhab-addons/target/openhab-addons-3.2.0-SNAPSHOT.kar) and extracted the jar file insteed of using wget to download the jar file from the Jrog link from Trinitus mentioned above. Now all iCloud devices shown Online.
Thanks a lot for your help!

thanks @danielh83 for the hint to download the full kar & extract the jar file.
The jar from jfrog is also not working for me, but the extracted one is fine

I did download the 3.2 recently as well and it’s working fine.
However, the brand new release 3.2 obviously does not have this fix :frowning:

EDIT:
Sorry, guys!
My bad - another reboot fixed it :smiley:

I’m running openhabian (3.3.0 Build 2663) with configuration via text files. While my wife’s iPhone 8 (iOS 14) is recognized correctly (BatteryLevel, Location, LocationAccuracy, LocationLastUpdate), my iPhone 11 Pro (iOS 15) is affected by the communication error again and again:

2022-01-05 21:09:48.212 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'icloud:device:myaccount:iPhone11Pro' changed from ONLINE to OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): Reported offline by iCloud webservice
2022-01-05 21:14:49.137 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'icloud:device:myaccount:iPhone11Pro' changed from OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): Reported offline by iCloud webservice to ONLINE

I removed the binding in the Main UI, then extracted the jar directly from the addon package into the addon folder and did a reboot. But the error still exists.

Any ideas?

Last message was online again. So only 5 minutes offline? Maybe a short moment without connection?

Hard to say with this short sniplet of the log