iCloud binding PKIX path building failed

Dear Everyone!

Sometimes, very rarely this happens with the iCloud binding:
It refuses to refresh all the devices.
And outputs the following error:

Caused by: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target
	at sun.security.validator.PKIXValidator.doBuild(PKIXValidator.java:387) ~[?:?]
	at sun.security.validator.PKIXValidator.engineValidate(PKIXValidator.java:292) ~[?:?]
	at sun.security.validator.Validator.validate(Validator.java:260) ~[?:?]
	at sun.security.ssl.X509TrustManagerImpl.validate(X509TrustManagerImpl.java:324) ~[?:?]
	at sun.security.ssl.X509TrustManagerImpl.checkTrusted(X509TrustManagerImpl.java:229) ~[?:?]
	at sun.security.ssl.X509TrustManagerImpl.checkServerTrusted(X509TrustManagerImpl.java:124) ~[?:?]
	at sun.security.ssl.ClientHandshaker.serverCertificate(ClientHandshaker.java:1506) ~[?:?]
	... 26 more
Caused by: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target
	at sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilder.build(SunCertPathBuilder.java:141) ~[?:?]
	at sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilder.engineBuild(SunCertPathBuilder.java:126) ~[?:?]
	at java.security.cert.CertPathBuilder.build(CertPathBuilder.java:280) ~[?:?]
	at sun.security.validator.PKIXValidator.doBuild(PKIXValidator.java:382) ~[?:?]
	at sun.security.validator.PKIXValidator.engineValidate(PKIXValidator.java:292) ~[?:?]
	at sun.security.validator.Validator.validate(Validator.java:260) ~[?:?]
	at sun.security.ssl.X509TrustManagerImpl.validate(X509TrustManagerImpl.java:324) ~[?:?]
	at sun.security.ssl.X509TrustManagerImpl.checkTrusted(X509TrustManagerImpl.java:229) ~[?:?]
	at sun.security.ssl.X509TrustManagerImpl.checkServerTrusted(X509TrustManagerImpl.java:124) ~[?:?]
	at sun.security.ssl.ClientHandshaker.serverCertificate(ClientHandshaker.java:1506) ~[?:?]
	... 26 more

Does anyone encountered an error like this? Or there is something which I’m missing? After a restart, it works normally…

Ps.: Anyone knows the full name of the addon to send a bundle:refresh command to this? In generally, where I can find these names, so that I can refresh any addon…

I have the same Problem. ICloud binding is not working anymore for me.

I use Windows with Java 1.8.181

Hi,
i got this problem, too…
since yesterday it dosn’t work!

openhabian 2.3.2

Same for me…

So this seems that this is a new error. I have reported on GitHub as well, you can find it here. Please report there as well if you can.

as far as my google-search find out about this, this is an certificate error. As it was working at my installation for a certain amount of time and stopped anytime yesterday without changing anything, i assume the certificate on the icloud-website runs out of time.
Tried to do this: https://mobux.de/2018/02/19/java-pkix-path-building-failed-exception/ with “www.icloud.com” but did not help.
To be honest, i´ve no further clue how to work around this :frowning:

I don’t know as well what happened… Something changed on Apple side that’s sure, but what I don’t know. Certificates seems valid until 2019 on all iCloud related sites…

They somehow use (or switched?) to a self signed certificate which is valid since the 20th of July, so this certificate is new, so either it was not self signed before or they switched the algorithm and that breaks it. Maybe @pgfeller knows whether the certificate was already self-signed.

See also the error you get in your browser when connecting to https://fmipmobile.icloud.com/fmipservice/device/

Thanks for your help! Hope that the developer(s) of this binding can help fix this…

Let’s go for a single topic, let’s pick Icloud binding - General SSLEngine problem