iCloud SSL issue again

https://openhab.jfrog.io/openhab/libs-pullrequest-local/org/openhab/addons/bundles/org.openhab.binding.icloud/2.5.2-SNAPSHOT/org.openhab.binding.icloud-2.5.2-SNAPSHOT.jar

Try this version

1 Like

Try this version

I tried that build and still getting the same error. Is there something else I need to do to get it to work?

What is your error exactly?
If still SSLEngine problem, make sure your previous version uninstalled, restart OH, you might also try clearing the cache…
For me that version works and others also reported that it solved their issue…

Hi!

Same problem sadly - still SSL problem.

java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: General SSLEngine problem

Tried clearing cache, restarting OH, previous version gone.
Running version 2.5.2.202001211636

Any other ideas?

Thanks for all your work! :slight_smile:

Same issue here. Also tried clearing cache etc.

@amaino @Hobohome
Yes I know why… Because that version I linked somehow doesn’t contain the latest changes I have made… I forgot to check this and trusted Jenkins :slight_smile:
And I don’t know why but I can’t find a version in Jenkins which contains these updates.
Here is a link to my local build, this should work:

3 Likes

Is it possible to get the working update somehow via the normal openhab update mechanisms, i.e. w/o downloading and installing that JAR?

Worked - Thanks very much! :slight_smile:

When I first updated with the jar from the Google Drive link it still showed SSL error, after about 5 mins it worked. Thanks :grinning:

It went offline again after a few minutes with an SSL error :confused:

What happens if you restart the bundle? It will come back online?

I hope that these fixes will be available in the next release.
openHAB doesn’t distribute the bindings independent from it’s core package, so “automatically” the bindings will get updated when a new openHAB update is out (ie.: You can’t select a binding version in PaperUI to use…").

This worked for me, Thanks !

Yes it came back online after a bundle restart.
It is still online now (after 15 mins) so I am hopeful.

It should be and I hope it stays like that.

Hi,

Uninstalled icloud binding on paper ui
Dropped new jar into addons folder
installed icloud binding on paper ui
restarted OH

I’ve even tried unistalling the binding from console and restarting, bundle:list shows the 2.5.2.2020001211144 version is active, but no joy…

Unfortunately still getting ‘offline - communication error’ in paper ui and ‘General SSLEngine problem’ in the logs, do i need to do any restarts or similar, I assumed the full OH restart would get it…

UPDATE: bundle:restart seems to have kicked it into life, currently connected and online so fingers crossed…

Thanks for the update, will report back with any news.

So you dropped the jar in the addons folder and then installed the icloud binding again from PaperUI?
You shouldn’t do that. There is no additional step required after dropping a jar file in the addons folder…

You have to replace the fmipmobile.crt file inside of the icloud-binding.jar with the actual certificate of the fmipmobile.icloud.com website.

then include this modified binding in OH and it works again.

:wink:

Yes, I think I got a bit click / refresh happy the first time and ended up confusing things while it was still restarting and probably installed / uninstalled things too quickly and it effectively cancelled itself out. Once I gave it 10 mins to calm down and uninstalled via console it worked fine.

Still working so far and seems to be back to the right refresh time etc so fingers crossed.

Thank you @rkrisi, I installed your local build and it is working for 6,5h now without any major issues.

I only find one (okay, two with the same timestamp) “Unable to refresh device data/General SSLEngine problem” entries since the start. Good job.

Are you planing to move your changes to the official repository, so everyone is able to find it there instead of your local google drive?
https://openhab.jfrog.io/openhab/libs-pullrequest-local/org/openhab/addons/bundles/org.openhab.binding.icloud/2.5.2-SNAPSHOT/org.openhab.binding.icloud-2.5.2-SNAPSHOT.jar

Could you fast explain, what changes you did to solve the issues, so it’s documented for further issues?

Thanks a lot.