iCloud SSL issue again

Hey Paul, you can use the bundle id, for example:
bundle:uninstall 231

You’ll find the IDs when you execute bundle:list

Thanks Brad, I still have a problem I think.

using bundle:list I found Gson 2.7.0 ID was 22 and showing as active
I notice Gson 2.85 is showing as resolved
using bundle:uninstall 22 came back quiet
checked bundle:list and it is still there.at ID=22
stopped OH and restarted
Gson 2.7.0 no longer present in bundle:list
Gson 2.8.5 still showing as resolved
bundle:uninstall 283 (Gson 2.8.5 ID)
reinstall GSon using bundle:install http://central.maven.org/maven2/com/google/code/gson/gson/2.8.5/gson-2.8.5.jar
bundle:list shows Gson 2.8.5. as installed but it does not say its active

Is that ‘Installed’ mean I am in a good shape to go ahead and install iCloud jar file again?

[EDIT]
Sussed it I need to start it using
bundle:start ID

when I check it now it says active

great need to check iCloud binding now

Thanks
Paul

Hey Paul, looks like you’re getting there, indeed. To make sure Gson works you can try starting with bundle:start 283 (I’m guessing 2.8.5 got reinstalled under the same ID, otherwise use the new ID)

If there are no errors, Gson 2.8.5 should now be listed as “Active”. Now you can install the snapshot build of the iCloud binding.

1 Like

Thanks @bwarden
I installed the new snapshot binding and reset up my details and it is all back up and working

I had earlier uninstalled iCloud to get rid of the loging error so now everything is all up and working.
So happy camper :smiley:

Thanks
Paul

Glad to hear!

So this is weird. yesterday, out of nowhere, started seeing SSL errors again from the icloud binding. Just checked the bundle list and it looks like the old Gson and icloud binding are there again :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
The new Gson is also still installed but the snapshot version of the icloud binding is gone…

I’m still fairy new to openhab, does somebody know what might cause the system to revert changes to these installed packages? And is there a way to prevent this?

Same for me.
I´m not sure if a restart triggers this as i made a migration to Pi4 and did a lot of service restarts.

Now i uninstalled the original Gson bundle.

kind regards
Michael

After my first install with the iCloud binding I have the following error:
java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: General SSLEngine problem

I am runing Openhab 2.0.5.M1 and the bundle:list shows:
270 ? Resolved ? 80 ? 2.8.5 ? Gson
271 ? Active ? 80 ? 2.5.0.M1 ? iCloud Binding
as well as
21 ? Active ? 80 ? 2.7.0.v20170129-0911 ? Gson: Google Json Library for Java

Any suggestion on what I should do to have the iCloud binding up and running?

Thanks
Régis

@regissg Upgrade to M3

Thanks. It works well now

Where do i find the M3 version?
I can´t find it under https://ci.openhab.org/job/openhab-milestone/

1 Like

Is this new?
All the other links lead to Jenkis :slight_smile:

How did you solve this? Stuck with the same error, bundle:list shows everything as Active.

I have updated openhab to 2.5.0.M3 https://openhab.jfrog.io/openhab/libs-milestone-local/org/openhab/distro/openhab/2.5.0.M3/openhab-2.5.0.M3.zip and the issue disapeared

Thanks! I guess I’ll have to wait for the Synology distro.

The binding gets uninstalled and the old version installed after reboot. Any idea how to fix this?

1 Like

MVP, bro!

Hello.

I´ve done the steps like pauli_anttila wrote in this post

But I get this error:

236 │ Active │ 80 │ 2.8.5 │ Gson
239 │ Installed │ 80 │ 2.5.0.M2 │ openHAB Add-ons :: Bundles :: iCloud Binding
openhab> bundle:start 239
Error executing command: Error executing command on bundles:
Error starting bundle 239: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.icloud [239]
Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: com.google.gson.annotations; version="[2.8.0,3.0.0)"

After this I uninstall the old gson and reinstall iCloud again. But nothing help.
Do you have any hints for me to fix the issue?

Greats pr0

same here.

Edit: had to remove Gson 2.7 (was listed in the top of the bundle list). So:

• installing GSON 2.8.5 is not enough: you need to uninstall version 2.7 as well.