iCloud SSL issue again

I had another NullPointerException a few days ago, which meant the binding stopped auto-updating locations. I have tried to fix it, the PR is already merged, so it should be available in the next release.

1 Like

Hi guys,

This has been working fine for me for perfectly since I updated to 2.5.2.202002010827 untilā€¦I rebooted a few days ago.

Now Iā€™m getting the following error on my account things:

OFFLINE - COMMUNICATION_ERROR java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: General SSLEngine problem

and so my actual devices are stuck on initializing.

Iā€™ve rebooted a couple of times since and it worked once for a few minutes then dropped out againā€¦any ideas / thoughtsā€¦do I just need to reboot again and crops my fingers or should I uninstall and reinstall the addon etc? Anyone else had anything similar?

EDIT

I downloaded the jar again and reinstalled itā€¦ seems to be working again at the moment. Will update if anything changes, perhaps the reboot removed something that I hadnā€™t committed / savedā€¦

What openHAB version are you running?

I have made some additional changes to the code which is not present here in the jars, but is included in the latest 2.5.3 release.

Iā€™m old school, 2.4.0-1.

I just canā€™t get myself to upgrade, this build has been rock solid for me for years and I just CBA to risk messing up / losing rules by upgrading my openhabian buildā€¦

Then download a newer jar from Jenkins to use in 2.4

Thatā€™s exactly what I did earlier, seems to have fixed it, but it also seemed to be the same jar as the one I hadā€¦I must have just annoyed something with the rebootā€¦

Thanks

Hi, what version you would recommend downloading when running old stable 2.4 like @MadFrankie ? I have tried several versions but with no luck.

I have resolved the dependencies, binging is listed as Active when running command bundle:list. No errors from the binding in the log and the iCloud Account Thing has status Offline - Communication Error - iCloud response invalid: null.

Thanks

None of these will work on old 2.5 version, because there were several changes in the binding since, which is required to work. Thatā€™s why you are getting a null response.

Either upgrade to OH3 or manually add the changes since OH 3 to the binding and build a jar. Nothing special have been changed (like dependecies or anything), you just need to change a few strings (if I remember correctly)