Icons do not reflect the states of switches

Platform information:

• Beaglebone Black
  • Debian 9.12
  • Java: openjdk version “1.8.0_152”
  • OpenJDK Runtime Environment (Zulu Embedded 8.25.0.76-linux-aarch32hf) (build 1.8.0_152-b76)
  • OpenJDK Client VM (Zulu Embedded 8.25.0.76-linux-aarch32hf) (build 25.152-b76, mixed mode, Evaluation)
  • OpenHAB 2.5.5

App-Info

• Android 10
  • App Version 2.15.0

In the sitemap of the Android App, the icons do not reflect the states of switches, although data save mode (“Datensparmodus”) is set to off. In the Android-App, the icons always show the “ON” state, while it works correct in the web-app (Basic-UI).
Standard icons are used, defined in “.items”-file (e.g. “light”, “switch”, surrounded by angle brackets).

That is a very old version of Java. Here is what an official openHAB2 Docker container uses.

openjdk version "1.8.0_265"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (Zulu 8.48.3.246-CA-linux_aarch32hf) (build 1.8.0_265-b11)
OpenJDK Client VM (Zulu 8.48.3.246-CA-linux_aarch32hf) (build 25.265-b11, mixed mode)

Here is what the documentation states.

For best compatibility, namely with the openHAB Cloud service myopenhab.org and the Eclipse IoT Marketplace, the minimum recommended Java 8 revision is "161".

I don’t think Java version could be an issue here, because:

• openHAB Cloud service is not used;

• the icons in the App would stay the same, even in the App’s demonstration-mode (“Demomodus”).

Can you try the latest beta version of the app?

Sins I update Openhab to 2.5.12 i get no update in the android app.
I always must go Back and Go forward the I see the new Data.
In the App 2.16.0 and 2.15.30 beta
Datasave is not ON in the App.
In Browser it works.

What can I do??

Can you restart the server?

I restart now, and it works.
Thanks.
I hope that it works long time.

1 Like