Icons no longer updating in BasicUI

Yes the fix is included in the final openHAB 2.0 release. It should also be included in development releases that were downloaded some days after the merge took place on October 18th, 2016.

ok, so it looks like there are still issues with basicui updating in chrome, but not IE

other way round Not updating in Chrome but updating in IE

I haven’t seen this issue myself lately. Only when items are added added/removed from a sitemap updates break for me. Restarting openHAB resolves that for me.

Is this your issue?

Pretty much, but i have just a manually operated switch and a dynamic icon. If i switch tin paper ui it doesn’t reflect status in Basic UI on chrome, but it does on IE.

Equally if i manually flip the switch on basic ui on chrome the icon doesn’t change, if i do the same on IE it does.

Wouter nailed it for me. I restarted my OpenHAB box and the lamp icons now change to reflect the state of the switch. I hadn’t had to restart since my initial config, so I had been refreshing my Chrome browser until now to see the icon change. Thanks Wouter!

1 Like

Glad that it also solved your issue @OpenHABJoe! :slight_smile: The issue that Basic UI updates stop working after changing your configuration is reported in this issue:

Having the same problem here. Started last week. The problem is on Chome and Firefox with Basic UI. Edge and the iPhone app tracks fine. I don’t know if this is a coincidence, however, when I tried HABPanel for the first time (it tracks ok), Basic UI stopped tracking. I’ve tried Basic UI on a Mac and a PC under chrome and have the same issue. Seems to be browser based.

Hope this helps finding a solution.

Bob

I know this thread is a bit old, but as I am just now migrating to OH2 (well, more like using the opportunity to completely rebuild) I am noticing this same exact thing. In fact, it is exactly still as @MikeD mentions above.

I have even confirmed something else as well - I am currently only using exec binding and everything is working well. I use 2 different scripts - a codesend script for GPIO activation for my 433’s and an ssh command sent to my rooted Gen 1 WinkHub that controls nothing but Zigbee devices.

Here is the weird thing and my addition to this thread - for the 433’s, the UI updates as expected. For the ssh script that operates the Zigbee bulbs, I see the behavior listed int the quote below. I have no idea what would possibly be different between the 2, but there clearly is.

I have not tested on Android app, but have on the iPhone app. If I invoke the commands from the app, the behavior listed in the quote applies; however, if I invoke from any browser on my PC, it DOES update all of them properly on the iPhone app.