Idle timeout from Loxone Miniserver closes connection to binding - keep alive not working

Hello,

Since a few days the Loxone binding keeps disconnecting from my Loxone Miniserver after no activity. I have adjusted the keep alive messages in incremental steps down to 1s, but it doesn’t help.

This shows up in my log:

openhab.log

2020-04-11 02:33:47.715 [WARN ] [ding.loxone.internal.LxServerHandler] - Idle timeout from Loxone Miniserver - adjust keepalive settings

2020-04-11 02:33:47.747 [INFO ] [se.smarthome.model.script.alarm.rule] - loxone thing status changed

events.log

2020-04-11 02:33:47.722 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'loxone:miniserver:504F9410E8E0' changed from ONLINE to OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): Timeout due to no activity

I get no other error messages, everything seems to work as it should. I have been integrating new Z-wave sensors including compiling a new binding, maybe this is to blame? It seems as if the keep alive messages are either not being sent out or are not being accepted by the Miniserver. I don’t know where I can see or monitor the keep alive messages.

My setup:

• Hardware: RaspberryPi 4
  • Java Runtime Environment: openjdk version “1.8.0_222”
  • openHAB version: 2.5.3-1
  • Loxone Firmware: 10.3.11.25

Thanks in advance for any help!

Wim.

Set the binding to DEBUG via the console and see if you get any additional info to help identify the problem.

Also see these closed issues on github:

Hello @H102,

Thanks for pointing me towards the DEBUG mode. I’ve learned a lot in the process, but alas, I haven’t found the direct cause.

I noticed the pattern is always the same: for no apparent reason, the binding stops sending keepalive messages to the miniserver, and then after a long enough period of inactivity, the connections times out and is shut down. I look for several things / tried different approaches:

• I found no error messages at the time of last keepalive message.
  • I found no specific events that always occur at the time the keepalive messages stop.
  • I turned down the time between keepalive messages to 10s to limit the amount of activity between keepalive messages, but nothing obvious or recurrent shows up.
  • I uninstalled the z-wave binding because I’ve had this problem since I installed a self-compiled z-wave binding, but this hasn’t changed a thing.
  • I put the Loxone binding in TRACE mode to get even more info, but nothing special shows up.

I’m pulling my hair out over this!

I hope someone can help me solve this since the Loxone binding has become useless for me.

Best regards,

Wim.

Found something on github regarding your miniserver firmware version:

"The Miniserver forgot the authentication tokens after the upgrade. You need to delete the token and Enter password again in the binding configuration."

Link to above quote:

1 Like