IKEA Trådfri Gateway

I have an Osram Smart+ bulb running.

Technically pairing with the remote worked and also with the gateway and then controlling from OpenHAB. However, at some point in time - I have no idea why - it just turns on without request.

Any idea what the reason could be? I’m considering getting a Hue Bridge instead to see whether that solves the issue.

Hi all.
I’m running one of the latest nightly (current installed version around 1 week old) and got a Tradfri gateway. For whatever reason, since an update in March for either the gateway or the nightly version, my gateway is now constantly rebooting as long as the openhab server is connected to the same network. I’ve didsconnected it for the time being, as I need the gateway.

I got 2 Tradfri Gateways. One of the Gateways works and the other one is Offline.
Can 2 Gateways work with one openHAB2-Server ? Could this Problem be Port-related ?

Unfortunately you would have to contact the person who wrote the tradfri binding. I am not sure if this is possible.
Why two gateways on the same network though?

I do not get the required range to control all the Light bulbs with one gateway for more than 2 floors.

I would think that if you name them different in your things file it should show. I don’t use paper ui so I don’t know how to use that for setup.

I would post to the forum and ask the question to the binding person. If it doesn’t work after trying.

@BOFH90 Have you had any success?

I think so. After creating a things file instead of adding the two gateways via the PaperUI, both seem to work. Iĺl report back after a few days.

Thank you

1 Like

Are we ready for Ikea motorized blinds? https://www.cnet.com/news/tradfri-smart-blinds-by-ikea-fcc-filing-suggests-theyre-coming-soon/

I look forward to it, although I just spent like 600e for 4 window a semi-diy approach.
But it have three other windows I would like to automate

1 Like

I am pretty sure the binding is not ready for those blinds :wink: We will have an interesting future with TRADFRI. A lot stuff has been announced: blinds, plugs, speaker.

YES a ok plugs! I am excited about these.

Perhaps in February according to the article

2 Likes

Today i got a couple of plugs and the new on/off switch.
Unfortunately Openhab does not find the new plugs, but it does find the switch.
Is there any news on the binding, or is there anything i can do to help support the plug?

Hi @mtijhoff,

Have a look here:

I also picked up both plugs and switches yesterday, running 2.4.0-SNAPSHOT Build #1374 and had no trouble finding and using them.

Works great, a big thank you to all contributors!

1 Like

@cybix32 Sounds good. Very nice. Are there any features of the plug missing in the binding which are supported by the TRADFRI App? Or is it only possible to turn on and off?

@cweitkamp No, the plug has only one switch with on/off state.

Thanks, this did the trick.
After the update the plugs came online and i can use them. Great!

2 Likes

Is there a possibility at all to support native groups.
Implementation over OH groups has a realy slow on diming

Hi Slavisa,

Sure. It is possible. A while ago there was a contribution for it but unfortunately the developer stopped working on the feature and until today nobody picked it up and finished the work. It would be very much appreciated if we will find someone to continue working on it.

1 Like