Illegal argument in chart: No Persistence service found

I’m try to figure out to show charts in Basic UI.
When I try to show a char in my sitemap I receive “Illegal argument in chart: No Persistence service found.” error on openhab.log

OpenHab: 2.5.9 on UBUNTU (installed with apt)
Installed RRD4J persistence

{OPENHAB_CONF}/services/runtime.cfg

org.eclipse.smarthome.persistence:default=rrd4j

{OPENHAB_CONF}/services/rrd4j.cfg

ctr24h.def=GAUGE,900,U,U,60
ctr24h.archives=AVERAGE,0.5,1,480:AVERAGE,0.5,10,144:AVERAGE,0.5,30,336:AVERAGE,0.5,60,720

{OPENHAB_CONF}/persistence/rrd4j.persist

Strategies {
// for rrd charts, we need a cron strategy
everyMinute : “0 * * * * ?”
every10Minute: “10 * * * * ?”
everyHour: “0 0 * * * ?”
everyDay: “0 0 0 * * ?”
}
Items {
Temp*: strategy = everyMinute, everyChange
}

{OPENHAB_CONF}/sitemaps/home.sitemap

Chart item=Temp_Esterna_Temperatura period=h refresh=300000

what am i missing?

You haven’t told it which of the several persistence services to use. It’ll use the system default selection - have you set that?

Hi rossko57,
then I have to add

service=“rrd4j”

to the chart definition? The document at https://www.openhab.org/docs/configuration/sitemaps.html#element-type-chart
is not very clear.

P.S.
in the /var/lib/openhab2/persistence/rrd4j folder there are no files, this looks odd to me. It seems the service is not running.

Well, you have to tell Chart something about where to get data. You can either do that directly or you can set your system default service, and let it default.

Perhaps it’s not been told to persist anything yet.

This does not mean what you think,perhaps?
It means to persist all members of a Group Item named “Temp”.
It’s not a wildcard. This is in the docs.

1 Like

There is an update: uninstalling and re-installing the service, not it collect data and no more “no persistence service found”.

Btw now I get an empty chart, despite there is a db file in /var/lib/openhab2/persistence/rrd4j
It looks like there are no data collected

yes, this make sense, but how? have I to specify the service? Or the datasource?

You right, I followed a wrong example. I must specify each item name (no wildcards allowed).

Thanks, now it works!

I reinstalled the service and corrected the problem in the persist file.
I also added specific item in the cfg file in order to avoid to collect all items data.

Thanks again