Including FHT-Devices

Hello, i want to include a FHT 8v to OH2. I’ve found on OH Docs an Information about a FHT Binding, but i don’t see any FHT Binding on my OH2 Paper UI.

Does the FHT Binding still exist? And if it exist, how can I install this binding or is there another way to include a FHT Device to OH2?

Try switching to package = expert in your /etc/openhab2/services/addons.cfg and restart OH2

Sadly, your advice didn’t help for me. There are no new Bindings at my Paper UI.

I’ve found out, that the FHT Binding is a 1.x Binding, that you have to install manually.
But I dont know how to do that. Can anyone explain it to me, previously for a linux system like a raspberry pi os?

Nobody know, how to install a legacy binding on a raspberry pi?

Not sure if this will work. The FHT binding has not been validated as working with OH2.
You can still try.

You can download the jar file from:

https://openhab.ci.cloudbees.com/view/All/job/openHAB1-Addons/lastSuccessfulBuild/org.openhab.binding$org.openhab.binding.fht/artifact/org.openhab.binding/org.openhab.binding.fht/1.12.0-SNAPSHOT/org.openhab.binding.fht-1.12.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

STOP OH

Then put the jar file into: /usr/share/openhab2/addons
Assuming that you has a repository installation (Openhabian or other)

Restart OH

Let me know if that works,
You will probably have to create the fht.cfg file yourself

@Apfeltee
Take a look here:

and you can use the search function with keyword FHT

Do you have a original Busware CUL? My selfmade nanoCUL doesnt work with the FHT binding. I dont know why. With FHEM it works without any problem.
The Busware CUL does work with OpenHab

I downloaded the jar and put it into the folder you said. After restarting OH i didn’t notice any changes. Is there a way to see wether the binding was installed or not?

It’s a version 1.x binding without compatibility with OH2, you will need to create your fht.cfg in the services folder yourself.

Okay so the only chance to prove wether the binding is installed and works is to create a config file and to set up a FHT device?

Yes, but if you havent a original Busware CUL, nothing will work even with a correct setup.