InfluxDB+Grafana persistence and graphing

influxdb
graphs
grafana
Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f0152d81cd8> #<Tag:0x00007f0152d81ad0> #<Tag:0x00007f0152d816e8>

(Elias Gabrielsson) #674

Hi thread.
I have made an effort of automate the initial installation and configuration for InfluxDB + Grafana within the scope of the openhabian project. If you have some spare time please help me test it out before I merge it.

Have a missed some essential feature/configuration that every user need to do?

(Gadget Guy) #675

This is great! How exactly might one go about testing this?

Is there a git command that can be used to fetch this particular commit into existing directory (/opt/openhabian/functions) of an existing openhabian setup?

followed by running the openhabian-config wizard?

If so, I could potentially give this a whirl on a fresh installation of a Raspberry Pi3B and report back.

… 2 days later…

Right or wrong, I manually merged your updated code to the 2 files (openhab.sh and packages.sh) in the folder /opt/openhabian/functions of my new install which seemed to do the trick!. Then I ran the command

$ sudo openhabian-config

I chose the option to install influxdba+grafana. and i believe it was running using this updated code. However, line 419 should be updated as the message still includes the text “Soon this procedure will also set up the connection between them and with openHAB.” which was misleading…

Anyway, here is the error I received on my raspberryPi 3B. It looks like the wrong package architecture was downloaded.

I corrected manually by downloading the following file:

wget https://dl.grafana.com/oss/release/grafana_5.4.0_armhf.deb 
sudo dpkg -i grafana_5.4.0_armhf.deb 

Here is the error I received.

$ dpkg -i grafana_5.3.4_arm64.deb 
dpkg: error processing archive grafana_5.3.4_arm64.deb (--install):
 package architecture (arm64) does not match system (armhf)
Errors were encountered while processing:
 grafana_5.3.4_arm64.deb

$ systemctl daemon-reload 

$ systemctl enable grafana-server.service 
Failed to enable unit: File grafana-server.service: No such file or directory

(Elias Gabrielsson) #676

Thanks for testing out!
Looks like I didn’t really got the installation correct with Grafana.
I will look into it!

(Gadget Guy) #677

Thanks! Again, great work.

I look forward to seeing this in the latest openhabian build soon! It will be helpful to many.