InfluxDB persistence configuration

I’ve setup a fresh OH3.2 installation with influxdb and migrated openhab_db from the old OH2.5 installation. I configured InfluxDB Persistence Service to use “openhab_db”, unfortunately on every reboot the persistence service is switched back to “openhab” instead of “openhab_db”… is this a general bug or is something wrong with my install?

Same here. I did not see that behaviour before. However, no big deail as OH aborts and restarts by itself.
The post above yours, which has been split into a new topic deals with the same problem. I don’t understand why it has been split as this thread is intended to provide problems specifically related to this release…

I did install influxdb via openhabian and choose “openhab” as database name. it seems you have to stick with the name you use during install. every change of the Database name in the UI will not persist after a reboot…

Did you clear the cache (openhab-cli clean-cache)?
I did move influxdb to a docker instance and the changes appears only after clearing the cache.

I thought rebooting my OH server should clear the cache too. however, I simply reinstalled influxdb via openhabian and entered the same db name as I had it on my OH25 install. then I restored influx data from OH25 to the OH3 install. done…

No rebooting doesn’t clear the cache in OH. The cache is where the bindings are installed to. If it were cleared on every reboot all your add-ons would have to reinstall on every boot.