InfluxDB persistence not working

I am trying to use persistence with InfluxDB service. I am running latest raspbian, and have installed everything following this guide influxdb-grafana-persistence-and-graphing. The only change I did, is to edit the strategy file:

Strategies {
    everyMinute : "0 * * * * ?"
    everyHour   : "0 0 * * * ?"
    everyDay    : "0 0 0 * * ?"
}

Items {
    LuminositySensor : strategy = everyChange, everyMinute
}

I have also installed InfluxDB (v 1.0) Persistence via PaperUI add-ons menu (after doing that, my services and persistence folders did not have config files in them, I had to create them manually).

Now, I am looking through logs tail -f /var/log/openhab2/openhab.log -f /var/log/openhab2/events.log, but I can’t see anything related to influxDB, but I can see action on my sensor though - 2017-10-29 18:15:56.200 [ItemStateChangedEvent ] - LuminositySensor changed from 0.00 to 30.83.

How can I debug this further?

Edit: Turns out, while PaperUI was showing influx as installed, in fact in openhab log there was an error during installation related to permissions. This link has solved my issue: https://community.openhab.org/t/openhab2-failed-installing-rrd4j-permission-denied/21712/2

I don’t see anything related to influxDB in events.log either, so that’s certainly normal behaviour.

First try the following commands:

$ influx -username <admin_username> -password <admin_password> -host localhost

(or simply “influx” if you have not set authentification). And then

> USE openhab_db 

(replace openhab_db with your actual database name)

> SHOW series

Does it show LuminositySensor?

Turns out, while PaperUI was showing influx as installed, in fact in openhab log there was an error during installation related to permissions. This link has solved my issue: OpenHAB2 - Failed installing rrd4j: Permission Denied

Thanks. While this was not the cause of my problem, it will help me greatly with debugging my data.