Influxdb points previously set do not update item. Is this a 4.0 problem?

• Platform information:
    • Hardware: Orangepi 3 LTS
    • Java Runtime Environment: openjdk version “17.0.8” 2023-07-18 LTS
    • openHAB version: 4.0.2
      I am running a ground source heat pump system based upon this post.

The scripts write points for spot price and heat pump control into influxdb one day ahead into the future. Each point has a corresponding item, .e.g. spot_price exists both as a point in influxdb and as a number item in Openhab. If I recall right, earlier the item was updated when the influxdb point pointed at the current moment. Not so anymore in OH4.
Do I recall the behavior wrong, or has the point to item function stopped working in OH 4?

Do you mean that the script that saves the measurement points to influxdb still work like before

… but the Item that you use for displaying the current value in the UI is not getting updated over time i.e. item is stuck to contain the same value forever?

Exactly that, yes.

Isnt that exactly the same behavior as it is with OH3? I’m still on OH3 and haven’t tested OH4 yet, but at least for me I need to have an hourly rule that updates my spot_price item so that I can see what the spot price is right now

1 Like

Thanks, this was the info I was looking for. Just did not recall how it worked in 3.4 before my system crashed.