INNOGY Binding - SendCommand doesn't work for one WRT

• Platform information: Raspberry PI 3B+
    • Hardware: _CPUArchitecture/RAM/Micro SD Card
    • Java Runtime Environment: which java platform is used and what version
    • openHAB version: 2.4.0
Summary

Problem with one out of five WRT-Things within OpenHABian

Hello,

i am a new user of OpenHABian, tried at first on a Synology until i got some Problems with additional tools like Frontal i switched zu Openhabian on a Raspberry Pi 3B+.

I m using about five thermostats which are used to control the floor heating system. Until now everything works fine. In extension my configuration i “developed” some rules für a window-contact, which should change the drawing temperature down to 7.0 degrees.

The logs show, that everything seems to work fine:
2019-01-27 19:52:45.016 [ome.event.ItemCommandEvent] - Item ‘it_WRT_NO3_Soll’ received command 7
2019-01-27 19:52:45.022 [nt.ItemStatePredictedEvent] - it_WRT_NO3_Soll predicted to become 7
2019-01-27 19:52:45.028 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - it_WRT_NO3_Soll changed from 21.0 to 7

Just, the WRT doesn’t react:-( I tried it with another one an it works fine … but i don’t want to freeze in the living room, cause the window in the bathroom is open :wink:

Any idea what has gone wrong?

best wishes

Martin

I don’t use this binding and can’t help with your specific problem. But those who can help will most likely need your Item definitions and Thing definitions (if there are any).

In all likelihood there is a typo somewhere in those.

Some questions:

1. Floor heating? So no regular radiators but “Fußbodenheizung” (german)?
  2. Do you use the innogy window contacts?
  3. If yes, did you connect the window contacts to the thermostats using the innogy software?
  4. Does manually changing the thermostat using Basic UI work?

Hello Ollie,

1. you re right, ist the english translation i found for “Fussbodenheizung” :wink:
  2. Yes, its an original Innogy-Windowscontact, which works fine.
  3. No, i just made a rule which reacts on changing status of Window-Contact and than sends a set-Command to the thermostat.
  4. No, it works with all the other thermostats, but not with this special one. Could change it with the original Innogy-Website-Access, but not with OH2.

Today i have exchanged the thermostat with a new one and it works fine. Seems to be an OH2-incompability of just this special one.

Problems seems solved, but i really would like to know the reason … just my prob. Thanks for your advice

bye

Martin

Hello Rich,

thanks for your advice, i’ll hopefully remember in the future. Unfortunately i’ve set up a mixed configuration of Items edited in PaperUI and Items-Files. Is there any way to “copy” the definition behind the PaperUI as a plain text ?

I don’t think its a typo prob, cause i’ve tested to change the temperature on the thermostat (works and is sent to Basic UI) and only the other way does take no effect - except in the logs.

Kind regards

Martin

Most people post screenshots from PaperUI. There will be a way to do this with the next UI that will replace PaperUI.

The fact that it works one way but not the other is exactly why I say it is likely a typo.

I’ m shure it’s no typo, got an reaction on manually changing destination temperature on the thermostat in PaperUI, but entering a value within PaperUI takes no effect - in this special on out of five thermostats. Things and items of this binding are all built with PaperUI so i don’t know any mistake i could habe made. Anyway … changing the hardware was a solution which works. Thanks for your support and a nice day !

Martin

@Martin1968, do you know of any difference between the working and non-working thermostats? Maybe you could take a look in the innogy app. Software version, hardware version, anything?

Checked this. Hardware is one of five i bought at the same time. Software of all is up to date.

If there i any developer interested i could send it the WRT …

Kind regards

Martin