Installation dont work on RP3 with the latest image 1.4.1

• Platform information: Rasberry PI 3 / 32 GB SD
    • openHAB version: 1.4.1
  • Issue of the topic: [openHABian] Cloning myself… FAILED . Network ist ok (ping github) … now the error is No such file or Directory (openhabian-setup.sh) the Installation fu**** me up.

NO Good Start with an new Project for me

ANYONE HAVE AN INSTALLATION THAT WORK???!!

There are nearly a dozen different ways you can use to install openHAB.

It is not clear exactly which one you are trying to use. I’m guessing you downloaded the SD card image and are using the openHABian automatic approach. I’m not aware of any reported bugs or problems with that approach but you have a choice. You can either persist and try to figure out why it isn’t working, or you can try one of the other installation approaches.

I can’t help with the specific problem because I’ve never installed OH that way, no one has ever reported those specific errors before, and you have provided essentially zero details that could be used by us to actually help.

So I recommend installing a stock Raspbian lite on your SD card and then follow the manual instructions for installing openHABian.

There is something very important to note here though. openHABian is a bunch of setup and configuration scripts. It installs and configures openHAB and a bunch of other third party applications. openHABian is not openHAB.

Please see https://github.com/openhab/openhabian/issues/551

Hi @beule!

You had the unluck of installing the system while a bad patch was pushed into production for openhabian (affecting new installed systems and updates). This have been resolved now so I recommend that you do a clean install exactly the way you did last time.

If you experiences any more trouble don’t hesitate to report back and we can look into it.

// EG

1 Like