Installation of openHAB version 3.4.2. on Bullseye (Debian 11)

Platform information:
Hardware: amd64, 4GB RAM
Java Runtime Environment: OpenJDK Runtime Enviroment (build 17.0.9)
openHAB version: oenHAB 3.4.2

Issue of the topic:
I would like to upgrade my operating system to Debian 11 (Bullseye). To transfer my existing openHAB installation (V3.4.2) with cli backup, I first need to install version 3.4.2 on Bullseye (Best way to upgrade to bullseye for openhabian). The procedure is described in the following instructions: Linux - Debian - Stable 3.4.4

However, since the current stable version (“stable main”) is downloaded in step 4 (“Add the repository”), I have to adjust the link so as not to download openHAB 4.

echo 'deb [signed-by=/usr/share/keyrings/openhab.gpg] https://openhab.jfrog.io/artifactory/openhab-linuxpkg stable main' | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openhab.list

The version I want is here: Index of openhab-linuxpkg/pool/main/3.4.2

Can someone explain how to install this version for a Linux beginner? (Is there a way to customise the link or is this procedure wrong?)

Many thanks in advance!

Entries in

describe the repository to use.
The repository for OH 3.X, OH 4.X are the same. So you do not want/need/have to change the URL of the repository.

What you need to do is to make sure that the correct version of OH packages is installed.
That can be done by forcing the version of the package to be installed during apt install.
Excerpt from openHAB on Linux | openHAB

Once you know which version you want, you can upgrade/downgrade to it by using the apt-get install openhab=[version] command, for example:

sudo apt-get install openhab=3.0.0-1

openHAB 3 requires Java 11 !

Tanks!

OK, thanks for the info. I had hoped that I could go straight to Java V17 as I need it for openHAB 4.
OK, I will therefore install V11 first and then go to V17 before the openHAB 4 - update.