Installing a binding.jar file

Did I do this right so far? What next?

I grabbed the new dimmer binding and (per suggestions in thread) uninstalled the Wemo binding from PaperUI. Then restarted openhab. Then copied the .jar file into the addons directory (/usr/share/openhab2/addons/).

Perhaps unnecessarily I changed ownership from root to openhab for user and group on the jar file once it was copied. (??)

Restarted openhab again.
Started Karaf.

Bundle:list showed it was “installed” but not “active”.

I tried to start it (bundle:start 184) and got an error:

Error executing command: Error executing command on bundles:
Error starting bundle 184: Could not resolve module: org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.wemo [184]
Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.eclipse.smarthome.io.transport.upnp

The problem seems moderately clear. I need to install something that is not installed (for some reason). Should I install this via PaperUI (how?) or do I drop another .jar into the addons/ directory (and where do I find it?)?

Please restart openhab and see this helps.
If not, on karaf console enter

feature:install org.eclipse.smarthome.io.transport.upnp

But I would suggest to wait a couple of hours, I will update the binding as the state channel broke with last version.

I have restarted openhab (repeatedly) and it has sat for hours… part of the reason I haven’t responded in the other thread: I haven’t been able to get any useful results in the time I’ve had over the last week.

Thanks for the suggestion though. I’ll try the “feature:install”

When I try this it says:

Error executing command: No matching features for org.eclipse.smarthome.io.transport.upnp/0.0.0

Hmm, you could try to install the SONOS binding which also usees UPNP…
This would not do any harm even if you don’t have any SONOS devices

went to PaperUI > addons > bindings
added sonos
Instant notification popup! Wemo devices detected in inbox. Success!

Now back to the other thread I guess (once you have time for the update) … though that was a funny solution.

What happens if I remove the Sonos binding? Will the upnp be removed and mess up the wemo (jar) binding? Perhaps I will go find out.

Yep, removing the sonos binding takes the upnp along with it (and de-activates the wemo binding).

Should I have been able to install upnp via feature:install?
Is there some way to troubleshoot that?

Hard to know which docs to read.
:slight_smile:

Ich will check for the feature install issue. Meanwhile, I fixed the channel state issue and uploaded a fixed version.

Discussion has moved to github.

The correct command is

feature:install esh-io-transport-upnp

I just verified on a test installation

1 Like

Thank you! That is more reassuring as a solution than installing other (currently unneeded) bindings.