Installing Addon: "Uses Constraint Violation"

Hi,
I am new to openHAB and am still learning the system. I am using the stable release of openHAB2, and I also tried to add the ISY binding from here: http://forum.universal-devices.com/topic/21026-isy-binding-for-openhab-2/

When I try to install the bundle, I get this error:

Unable to start bundle 198: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.isy [198]
  Bundle was not resolved because of a uses contraint violation.
  org.osgi.service.resolver.ResolutionException: Uses constraint violation. Unable to resolve resource org.openhab.binding.isy [osgi.identity; osgi.identity="org.openhab.binding.isy"; type="osgi.bundle"; version:Version="2.1.0.201703090105"; singleton:="true"] because it is exposed to package 'javax.annotation' from resources org.eclipse.osgi [osgi.identity; osgi.identity="org.eclipse.osgi"; type="osgi.bundle"; version:Version="3.10.101.v20150820-1432"; singleton:="true"] and javax.annotation-api [osgi.identity; osgi.identity="javax.annotation-api"; type="osgi.bundle"; version:Version="1.2.0"] via two dependency chains.

Chain 1:
  org.openhab.binding.isy [osgi.identity; osgi.identity="org.openhab.binding.isy"; type="osgi.bundle"; version:Version="2.1.0.201703090105"; singleton:="true"]
    require: (osgi.wiring.bundle=org.eclipse.osgi)
     |
    provide: osgi.wiring.bundle: [org.eclipse.osgi, system.bundle]
  org.eclipse.osgi [osgi.identity; osgi.identity="org.eclipse.osgi"; type="osgi.bundle"; version:Version="3.10.101.v20150820-1432"; singleton:="true"]

Chain 2:
  org.openhab.binding.isy [osgi.identity; osgi.identity="org.openhab.binding.isy"; type="osgi.bundle"; version:Version="2.1.0.201703090105"; singleton:="true"]
    require: (osgi.wiring.bundle=com.google.guava)
     |
    provide: osgi.wiring.bundle; bundle-version:Version="18.0.0"; osgi.wiring.bundle="com.google.guava"
  com.google.guava [osgi.identity; osgi.identity="com.google.guava"; type="osgi.bundle"; version:Version="18.0.0"]
    import: (osgi.wiring.package=javax.annotation)
     |
    export: osgi.wiring.package: javax.annotation
  javax.annotation-api [osgi.identity; osgi.identity="javax.annotation-api"; type="osgi.bundle"; version:Version="1.2.0"]

Other bindings I have enabled: hue, Kodi, LGTV, opensprinkler, venstar

The author of the add-on has not seen this issue before and is unsure of how to resolve it, so he said to try asking here. Can anyone offer any advice as to why I’d be hitting this?

Thanks

Hi,

I can’t speak for certain as I haven’t installed that particular set of bundles, but the basic idea is that you have installed some things that require different versions of the same dependency.

Each bundle you install has a list of things it needs to work, as well as the particular versions it can work with. And each of those things can also specify its own list. You’ve selected a combination of bundles that do not seem to agree.

One thing to try would be to have the author of the isy binding bundle be less specific about the versions of the dependencies he’s using… it appears the versions of the org.eclipse.osgi and com.google.guava bundles have conflicting requirements. Often times there are a set of overlapping versions that can be made to work together. These version specifications are located in various files in the *-INF directories. Chances are the developer of the isy bundle is using a different version of OpenHAB than you are, and that is causing problems. It may take some playing around to fix.

Hope this helps!