Installing missing dependency

Hi Guys

Trying to get Marks great Doorbird binding working on a 2.4.0 machine (it works on another 2.4.0 machine ive got) so im unsure why its failing.

Its missing this module, but i cant find any posts or google hits on this piece

Any thoughts on how to resolve this? There is a post in the Doorbird thread but I thought it may get more thoughts in runtime.

Thanks!

openhab> bundle:restart 253
Error executing command: Error restarting bundles:
        Unable to start bundle 253: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.doorbird [253]
  Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.openhab.core.automation.annotation; resolution:="optional"
  Bundle was not resolved because of a uses contraint violation.
  org.osgi.service.resolver.ResolutionException: Uses constraint violation. Unable to resolve resource org.openhab.binding.doorbird [osgi.identity; osgi.identity="org.openhab.binding.doorbird"; type="osgi.bundle"; version:Version="2.5.0.201911042200"] because it is exposed to package 'com.sun.jna' from resources com.sun.jna [osgi.identity; osgi.identity="com.sun.jna"; type="osgi.bundle"; version:Version="5.4.0"] and doorbird-deps [osgi.identity; type="osgi.bundle"; version:Version="1.0.0"; osgi.identity="doorbird-deps"] via two dependency chains.

Anyone?

It probably works on the other machine because a binding is installed that also has a dependency on the required module the complaint is about and is the reason the module is activated. You might be able manually active the module in the karaf console.

How can I determine which binding had that? What would be the command to install manually as I’ve tried quite a few with no success.

I tried to install a snapshot build of the jar on 2.4. But got the same error. I tried installing another binding with the automation, but that didn’t work. It can be this version is not compatible with 2.4. Did you use the same jar as on the other system? or a newer version?

The doorbird jar absolutely works on my other 2.4.0 Stable system but not on this new install I’ve done as a test.