Installing telldus-core and telldusd fails

• Platform information:
    • Hardware: MacMini Intel Solo i386 2 Gb RAM
    • OS: Ubuntu 16.04.5 LTS (GNU/Linux 4.4.0-138-generic i686)
  • Java Runtime Environment: java version “1.8.0_191”
    Java™ SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_191-b12)
    Java HotSpot™ Client VM (build 25.191-b12, mixed mode)
  • openHAB version: 2.3.0 stable
  • Issue of the topic: I am trying to install telldus-core and telldusd using Openhabian-config but the installation fails with the following error messages:
Fetched 6199 B in 1s (4535 B/s)                          
Reading package lists... Done
N: Skipping acquire of configured file 'main/binary-i386/Packages' as repository 'https://s3.eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/download.telldus.com unstable InRelease' doesn't support architecture 'i386'
E: The value 'xenial' is invalid for APT::Default-Release as such a release is not available in the sources

$ apt -y install libjna-java telldus-core 
Reading package lists... Done
E: The value 'xenial' is invalid for APT::Default-Release as such a release is not available in the sources
FAILED
2018-11-01_12:01:59_CET [openHABian] Setting up systemd service for telldusd... 
$ cp /opt/openhabian/includes/tellstick-core/telldusd.service /lib/systemd/system/telldusd.service 
cp: cannot stat '/opt/openhabian/includes/tellstick-core/telldusd.service': No such file or directory

$ systemctl daemon-reload 

$ systemctl enable telldusd 
Failed to execute operation: No such file or directory

$ systemctl start telldusd.service 
Failed to start telldusd.service: Unit telldusd.service not found.
FAILED

Help appreciated. In my installation Tellstick switches and Tellstick DUO and Tellstick Live are essential components.

I believe openHABian is an ARM based distribution like the Raspberry pi etc.? not for i386.
I think you have to compile it yourself…https://developer.telldus.com/wiki/TellStickInstallationSource

openHABian is just a bunch of scripts that can be used to configure any Linux distro that has apt. If one follows the manual installation instructions for openHABian you can install it on any platform.

I’m reading those errors as meaning the packages you want to install via apt are not available for Ubuntu 16.04. Now this might be they didn’t exist, or it might be you need to include some other repo to make it available. I can’t say.

Ah :+1:

Thanks Rich!
I’ll keep trying but I consider moving to RFtrx433 instead. This is getting hairy!
The good news: openHABian helps you to stay away from Linux - The bad news: Not for long…" :grinning:

I’m going to have to remember and use that line in the future. :smiley: