Long time listener, first time caller.
I have an Openhab 2.4.0-1 on RPI, Insteon hub (2245-222) with about 50 devices and insteonplm1 - 1.13.0.
I also have a home-made ESP32-based garage door sensor/controller which uses mqtt to communicate with OH.
When the garage door is opened after sunset, the rule sends commands to five different Insteon light switches, when the door closes, it restores the previous state of each of the five lights. The rules are heavily logged and announced on Alexa using TTS.
The setup has been working for about two weeks. But twice in that period the following happened:
- The garage door opens and is reported (Alexa and log file) but the lights would not turn on.
- This continues to happen for about two days.
- At night with the garage door closed and lights off, all the commands from previous opens/closes start executing, causing the five lights to turn on then off in the programmed sequence. This repeats about as many times as the garage door was opened/closed.
- None of the rule log entries are generated when this occurs so rules are not running
- In both cases, after the ‘backlog’ of commands execute, the lights go back working as expected when garage door opens/closes.
I doubt this is related to activation on poll issue reported by the following threads since only the five lights are involved in the exact sequence programmed in the rule:
Any ideas what could cause this to happen?
Any advice on how to troubleshoot it?
Thanks in advance for your help and a big thank you to this forum for all the solutions already provided for my multitude of issues while setting up the system!