I just watched the video about Googles new Awareness API.
I think it would be great if this feature could be integrated into the Android App.
Maybe with a separate binding called “awareness” or something.
The communication could be done directly via private network/wifi, remote (dyndns) and/or my.openHAB.
The binding should be distinguish between different users, of cause.
Here are some examples that come to mind:
- update the “where am I?” status when leaving or arriving at home.
Let the user set a geo fence inside the app for different places that might be interesting (home, work, shopping, gym, beach house, …)
- trigger on contexts like “workout” to set the light and play music when doing some push ups, … at home.
- display friendly notifications like: “It’s very hot where you are right now. Come home. It’s chilling 21°C at home.”
- Display specific buttons or information when driving and entering “home zone”.
Like: “Click to open garage door”
- Let the family know when I am driving back home from work by turning on a lamp or sending TTS over speakers.
- No need to set up an mqtt server.
- No need to understand how to configure Tasker.