Intertechno with 2 networking CULs

Hello everybody,

my name is Matthias, my friends call me harry. :wink:

I am facing the following challange:

I am using openhab 2.3 with Intechno Binding for a while now. It is running on ubuntu 18.0.4.
To reach the IT devices, I am using a CUL over network with SER2NET. The CUL is connected via USB to a RasPi2 with Raspbian. Everything is working fine.

But now I would like to increase the reach of the CUL to switch some Intertechno sockets in my garden.
My consideration was to install a second RasPi with a CUL. So I bought a RasPi and a CUL and configured it like the first one.
Now my little problem. How is it possible to bring the Intertechno binding to use both networking CULs?
Is there a way to do so?
I am searching for a solution for a few days now.

I hope there is anybody with an idea or solution for me.

Thank you.

Greetings,
Harry

I am also using a networked CUL in my setup, but instead of using the Intertechno binding, I wrote a simple bridge service that connects the CUL via MQTT (see https://github.com/SvenFestersen/cul-mqtt). This would allow for as many CULs as you like. Of course this means rewriting your configuration to use MQTT, so I am not sure if this is an option for you.

Did you look into This?

@opus
Thanks for the idea.
I think in my case it wouldn’t work, because the distance between the culs is to high (approximately 50 meters). But if i am facing the problem within the building it could be an option.

@Sven_Festersen
Thanks for your reply. I think that is a good idea. Much work, but it could be a possibilty for me.
I’ll try it out.