Hi all you guys suffering from the non-integratabiliy of io-homecontrol.
Long time ago, I started a thread (here) in the old forum where we actually tried to reverse engineer the io-homecontrol protocol. We learned a lot but bottom line is: we didn't manage it:
- nor the USB mouse Set&Go from Somfy. The USB sniff showed some encrypted traffic, some of it we understood, some not.
- nor the touch remote. Using the USB port and booting the remote into UART mode.
- nor the evaluation board of the RF chipset. you can get the application notes but not the protocol description as it's licsensed
- nor any pressure to velux
- nor trying to find a way from another company be it somebody on the io-homecontrol alliance
- nor waiting to the some-what documented KNX interface - it seems to be never developed.
Now there seems to be something in the bush, this time the driver is Bang & Olufson.
see here: http://beointegration.com/uploaded/Velux_io_homecontrol_integration.pdf
Velux is working on a IP gateway!!! If somebody is linked to B & O please try to get such a gateway before Global Availability so we can go from there (much easier then, wireshark is your friend). Maybe sombody knows somebody working in the HiFi domain that could try to get such a unit as Velux seems to deliver the gateway to B&O dealers/customers before GA.
I'll try my way too - both directly to Velux and via a HiFi store I know well.
This should give us some momentum, right? Chime in, if you think this is christmas to us!