IOS App issues - no connectivity, stability issues

Hi all,

lately, I am facing continuous issues with the IOS app, not allowing me to connect.
I get messages like “ERROR - The request timed out”.
In the logs I can see this error:

2018-06-26 12:27:24.036 [WARN ] [io.openhabcloud.internal.CloudClient] - Jetty request 13592246 failed: null

2018-06-26 12:28:39.631 [WARN ] [io.openhabcloud.internal.CloudClient] - Jetty request 13592537 failed: null

The error happens sporadically, but lately annoyingly often. App restarts won’t help.
This happens both if I connect from local WLAN or remotely.

Does anyone know what may cause it ?
If I’m using the sitemap in the browser, it’s absolutely fine.

thanks upfront for any help / suggestions,
Kurt

I’ve no idea what is causing it but I do know that the project is having a heck of a time recruiting developers to work on the iOS app. I wonder if it is just falling behind.

Sad to hear this - but thanks for the info.
Hope there will be still some support for the iOS App in the future :worried:

Kurt

Hi Kurt,

did you find a root cause for your issue? I am facing the same currently…

Thanks and best regards,
Andreas

Hi Andreas,

Unfortunately I didn’t find the rootcause, but I can say that it is not with the iOS app.

For me, after my system became more and more instable (Pi crashes, etc) after a year, I had to go through a fresh installation.
Since then the app is connecting and I didn‘t have any issues with it.

Kurt

Thanks Kurt - I am using the Basic UI via Safari now. Works like a charme…
Don’t know ahat the issue with the iOS app is, but it looks like it has been removed from the app store as well.

Thanks,
Andreas

Hi,

yeah - I’ve seen this happening. I’ve also been using the safari workarround, but found it cumbersome, as I couldn’t access easily remotely via the OpenHab Cloud Service.
It’s a pitty that the iOS development doesn’t progress as much as the android version does, since the userbase of this phone is considerably high.

Kurt

I have same problems with the app. It is really unrealiable, cumbersome to use. I don’t think that OH has issues, because viewing from Android or Web, it works great and the speed is almost the same as if I view it locally.
But not on iOS. I always get request timed out errors, the app loading time is slow, if you change item states or I can say you do anything in the app it is very slow (takes secs to send command for an item, loading another sitemap is slow as hell…) and if you don’t force close the app after use, the next time you want to use (and it is not closed by the OS) it won’t work…

Hope that someone has time to fix these issues in the app. I don’t really use that app, mainly just to check some item value, because it is really unrealiable…