Ipcamera Ffmpeg error

After configuring the ipcamera binding to work with my non Onvif-camera I’m having trouble getting ffmpeg to work.

I provided the binding with a working RTSP URL. When calling the /ipcamera.m3u8 url I get following error message in my log:

2021-08-20 19:56:53.516 [DEBUG] [pcamera.internal.StreamServerHandler] - Stream Server recieved request 	GET:/ipcamera.m3u8
2021-08-20 19:56:53.519 [DEBUG] [hab.binding.ipcamera.internal.Ffmpeg] - Starting ffmpeg with this command now:********-********h********i********d********e********_********b********a********n********n********e********r******** ********-********l********o********g********l********e********v********e********l******** ********w********a********r********n********i********n********g******** ********-********r********t********s********p********_********t********r********a********n********s********p********o********r********t******** ********t********c********p******** ********-********i******** ********r********t********s********p********:********/********/********x********x********x********x********x********:********x********x********x********x********x********@********1********9********2********.********1********6********8********.********0********.********2********3********0********:********8********0******** ********-********s********t********r********i********c********t******** ********-********2******** ********-********f******** ********l********a********v********f********i******** ********-********i******** ********a********e********v********a********l********s********r********c********=********0******** ********-********a********c********o********d********e********c******** ********a********a********c******** ********-********v********c********o********d********e********c******** ********c********o********p********y******** ********-********h********l********s********_********f********l********a********g********s******** ********d********e********l********e********t********e********_********s********e********g********m********e********n********t********s******** ********-********h********l********s********_********t********i********m********e******** ********2******** ********-********h********l********s********_********l********i********s********t********_********s********i********z********e******** ********4******** ********/********v********a********r********/********l********i********b********/********o********p********e********n********h********a********b********/********i********p********c********a********m********e********r********a********/********i********p********c********a********m********1********/********i********p********c********a********m********e********r********a********.********m********3********u********8********
2021-08-20 19:56:53.983 [DEBUG] [hab.binding.ipcamera.internal.Ffmpeg] - [rtsp @ 0x6b8370] Nonmatching transport in server reply
2021-08-20 19:56:53.987 [DEBUG] [hab.binding.ipcamera.internal.Ffmpeg] - rtsp://admin:admin@192.168.0.230:80: Invalid data found when processing input

What could be the issue here? I’m really wondering what is happening with the Ffmpeg command line where every character is prefixed with “********”. Is this normal behaviour?

looks to me you are using the wrong port. 80 is the webinterface and 554 RTSP

rtsp://admin:admin@192.168.0.230:554 should work

I know that the port seems strange. But that is how this camera works. The stream can be played (over port 80) using VLC.

Yes that is normal (if only done once) as the binding will replace your password with that to prevent people pasting it into the forums. Guessing you have a really short password that gets seen over and over in the string, try changing the password to something different. Anyway the replace is only done on the logs, the command is not touched by this password replacement feature. I’m guessing it may happen in the password is using some weird non english character that is throwing things off, try to use standard ASCI for your user and password to see if that solves it.

No, it has nothing to see with the forum. This is the exact output of the OpenHab log. The shell command that is executed by the binding contains a string of *-symbols before each and every letter.

I wonder if this is because the camera does not support TCP and only handles UDP. Try this…

OH3 - RTSP camera setup - Off-Topic - openHAB Community

@erhapp I just found and fixed a bug that was causing at least one issue. Please try the precompiled jar that is in this post. It was happening when the password was empty, or if it was empty when the camera was first created. A reboot after entering a password could also solve it.

IpCamera binding - Breaking changes and new features in 3.2 Milestone 3 and newer - Add-ons / Bindings - openHAB Community