IpCamera: New IP Camera Binding

Haven’t seen your chat before i send my latest updates :frowning: How about the complexity to parse multiple messages?

Its not hard it just needs someone to implement it. If you don’t implement it then the camera could send multiple events even just a CPU load message and you would miss the 2nd event in the same message which may be a motion event that you care about. The value of 1 is a valid request and the camera should be able to handle it, it just takes multiple replys instead of 1 holding many events.

ok, got it. Thanks! Lets see whether Reolink shares any update on this in the near future.
I fear issue will show up on more Reolink cameras than just RLC-811A with latest firmware :frowning:

Hi,

did you manage to connect HikVision DS-KV6113 to openhab?

Y

Unfortunately not with the IPCamera Binding. As I use a Synology, this DS-KV6113 is handled by Video Surveillance Station. There is a OpenHAB binding for this but I did not yet experiment it.

Hi,

could you please point me out to the binding you’ve mentioned?

Y

More info concerning this binding is available here: GitHub - nibi79/synologysurveillancestation: Synology Surveillancestation Binding
You can install this binding directly your openhab instance (third party binding). it requires to have a
Synology NAS, video surveillance station software and the KV6113 installed as a camera.

I was also able to connect OpenHAB to the KV6113 to have the status of the call button. I thus receive notification when someone push the call button. But this requires some tricky operations. But if you are interested, I can share this information as well.

Hi,

looks like the binding is available for synology only. Anyway I’was trying to access KV6113 RSTP stream via ISAPI but with no luck. I believe it that would be possible I’d be able to use ipcammera binding to use it as imput stream for MJPEG transformation.

Anyway feel free to share the notification trick you’ve performed, I’m really courius.

Y

The KV6113 works well in Surveillance station if I configure it using the RTSP protocol (rtsp;//)

admin:<password>@<local_ip>:554/Streaming/Channels/101/

Concerning the trick to get the call button status in OpenHab, I will give your more details later.

I’ve tried given address (read official ISAPI documentation) but with no luck, unable to open in VLC.

Mine works perfectly with VLC. I opened the network stream from the file menu with:

rtsp://admin:<password>@<local ip>:554/Streaming/Channels/101/

You should have the video and the sound as well

weird I couldn’t connect from Linux VLC, but working from OpenHab so I manage to add it as cammera to OpenHab.

Could you please share how did you manage to resolve notifications? Did you use ISAPI?

Y

A bit strange that you cannot open it with the Linux version… I checked with a Linux machine and reached the same conclusion: it does not work although it works fine with MacOS…

Concerning, the call button status, unfortunately there is no way to get it through ISAPI. It seems that the camera does not support this functionality. Can you manage docker containers ? Basically, I took the code made by a developer who connected his Hikvision doorbell to Jeedom

The container contains all the necessary libraries to connect to the Hikvision. There is a python script that was made for jeedom but can be easily adapted to OpenHAB. It is what I did.

The container is available here:

https://registry.hub.docker.com/r/nanomaverick/hikintercomtojeedom/

1 Like

I need to replace an older ipcam. What currently available models have people had good experience with using this binding? The one I’m replacing is an old Foscam. From what I can tell, most if not all newer Foscam models do not support mjpeg streaming.

I have the same issue with RLC-810A.
Rebooting every few minutes.
Any quick fix for that?

I’m still discussing with Reolink, no progress yet :frowning:

Only option i see currently, is to rollback FW.
Maybe worth to show up at Reolink support as well, just to increase visibility.

Personally (for time being) i modified the binding to support multiple messages, as described in the threat.
That seems to work out.
Although … i figured out that reboot issue is not that deterministic, hence i’m not 100% sure whether with above change camera works reliable.

I will give’m another couple of weeks to wait for wait, test and discuss with Reolink.
In case there will be no new FW, i decide then whether to swap my cameras or stay with the modified binding.
In later case i’ll try to get the modification into the official binding.

Continuing the discussion from IpCamera: New IP Camera Binding:

I have the same problem too. Hikvision cam. Openhab 3.2. on mac, FFmpeg is installed.

[pcamera.internal.StreamServerHandler] - IpCameras file server could not find the requested file. This may happen if ffmpeg is still creating the file.

I am facing the camera reboot with a Reolink RLC-811A as well with Firmware v3.1.0.956. Used to be fine for months. I disabled ONVIF now.
My RLC-820A seem not to show the reboot problem but motion detection which used to work fine does not work anymore :-). I will open a ticket with Reolink … should have read this thread prior to upgrading the camera firmware.

Hi Dieter,
I opened a ticket with REOLINK too. They now sent me firmware 494. I thought I was at version 756 prior to the upgrade…

hi guys, i was using the binding happily for a while. my setup

rpi4 - 8gb memory
3.3.0 Release build version.

I have maybe 25cameras connected. using a widget on habpanel to display them.
maybe 2 months ago slowly i started getting disconnected for a few milliseconds in logs and now it it continuous. Cameras are a combination of rtsp and onvif.

I am wondering if something changed recently which caused this. any ideas? similar experience?

this is a typical camera setup.