IpCamera: New IP Camera Binding

i also use OpenHAB 2.5.3.

Ahh hang onā€¦ found the issueā€¦
My Rpi doesnt have static IP, and it changed todayā€¦ So I had to change the ip in my sitemaps as wellā€¦
itĀ“s workingā€¦ Hmm sort ofā€¦ I get a picture, but it doesn update/refreshā€¦

EDIT - forgot the activte the ipmage update :smiley: Image works fine nowā€¦
HML stream need to be run in another browser (Edge).

EDIT again -
Look for the animated gif in your output folder.

there is only one gif and it didnā€™t change

There must be something wrong in your ffmpeg setup.

ok it works. it only add this 5 *.jpg to one gif, but i have to press the button every time

Thats correct!

I have not seen that but it may be related to when the cache is cleared, you need to do 2-3 reboots whenever the cache is deleted or a new JAR is placed into the addons folder. If it happens at other times then it is worth looking at in more detail.

this is probably a little off topic, but how do I find the server_port of my Axis A8105E doorbell camera?

server port is not the cameraā€¦ ItĀ“s the server (openhab/ffmpeg platform).

Hi Matt,
thanks for the amazing job here.

Iā€™ve just noticed something, maybe Iā€™m wrong. Iā€™ve configured a generic ONVIF camera like this:

# cat ipcamera.things

Thing ipcamera:ONVIF:003
[
    IPADDRESS="10.18.12.232",
    PASSWORD="passwordgoeshere",
    USERNAME="admin",
    ONVIF_PORT=8999,
    PORT=80,
    UPDATE_IMAGE=false,
    SERVER_PORT=-1,
    FFMPEG_OUTPUT="/tmpfs/camera3/"
]

Since itā€™s not working, Iā€™ve done a tcpdump to understand why and Iā€™ve noticed that OH is not using username and password when talking to the camera, and therefore itā€™s getting a ā€œ401 Unauthorizedā€. Just to be sure Iā€™ve installed and ONVIF tool on my machine, and I was able to see the stream. Did a capture and itā€™s doing Basic authentication as expected.

So it looks like even if Iā€™ve configured username and password itā€™s not considering them. Iā€™ve tested with PaperUI and then with the config file, same result.

Has someone been able to use this binding with a generic ONVIF camera?

Thanks,
Matteo

Can you raise a ticket at GitHub and supply the traces?
If the camera does not have PTZ then there is no need to get onvif working you just need to supply the snapshot and stream URLs manually.

thanks @Kim_Andersen. And where do i find the server (openhab) port?

Itā€™s up to you to define it as one of your choise

Hi Matt,
Iā€™ve opened a new issue. If you want I can send you the original pcap.

Thanks,
Matteo

You define the server port yourself in the setup of the ipcamera binding.

Hi Matt,
I am excited by my new hobby with OpenHAB and trying to relive my past technical lives trying to get stuff working. You have done an amazing job creating this binding and I hope to have it working soon. Going back to reading the posts and troubleshooting for now :slight_smile:

Welcome to openhab @darrenledit
Read the readme.md file which is found in post 1 of this thread. Everything should be in the readme that is needed to get it going. Long threads hold outdated information so the readme is always best source as it is kept up to date.

1 Like

@matt1
Hi Matt,
I fixed almost everything, but I canā€™t understand a couple of things, when starting openhab I have these two WARN in the log:

2020-04-22 23:11:19.037 [WARN ] [ing.ipcamera.handler.IpCameraHandler] - Camera is reporting your username and/or password is wrong!

But, of course, the username and password are correct on all cameras, I have 5, and from the log I canā€™t understand which the alarm refers to.
Sometime I have the WARN only 1 time, other time I have the WARN more times.

The other WARN is this:

2020-04-22 23:11:19.409 [DEBUG] [ab.binding.ipcamera.onvif.PTZRequest] - We got a ONVIF PTZ ERROR 500:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

Here too, it does not say which camera it refers to, I have configured all the cameras in the same way and I didnā€™t configured the ONVIF, I thinkā€¦

TnX for your help

The first can be ignored, it is a warning only to help with diagnosis if you actually have issues.

The second is not a warning, it is a debug message and is probably a non PTZ camera telling the binding it does not have PTZ abilities.

If I put the IP into every message you would take a performance hit, you can always comment out cameras from a thing file to work out which one is the camera generating the messages.

Does this mean I can set the server port to any number I wish?