IPX800 Binding info

I’ve made major changes in the way Analog and Counter values are refreshed and also a lot of code cleansing. Can you try this version ?

Changes :

• some channel names have been modified in order to be ready for PR integration in the distribution. So you may have to update your items definitions / links with channels
  • pollPeriod is now defined at thing level, not on Counter or Analog configuration. The polling is done globally and not indivually.

Also, regarding your graph, is the persistance definition the same between http and gce items ?

Also, regarding your graph, is the persistance definition the same between http and gce items ?
Yes, I put all the items in a Group and I put the group in persistance!
Example (situation in this moment):

Channel 2: the graph reflect items value.
The correct value is in http binding as you see in the IPX interface:

I gladly try your new version !! :wink:

@valefranch : FYI the binding is now merged in the distribution, so :
-we’ll use github to report bugs

• it’ll be easier to access later versions.

BR

1 Like

OK thanks for the info … I’ll take a look!
For the moment (after 4 days of test) no bugs… :wink:
Very good job
V.

1 Like

Hi @glhopital
Thanks again for your work for ipx800!
i just update my ipx800 to firmware 3.05.62 (send status is on) and i use your GCE 2.5.9 binding
When i switch an output from the ipx800 it did not “inform” the openhab, so it stay closed even if i switch it on
is it normal ?
do i have to configure something?
for the moment it seems that from openhab to IPX800 works

Thanks for your help

Have you configured the M2M settings accordingly to documentation ?

this ?

Yes, seems good. Is your IPX thing in OH marked as online ?

Yes it’s online

Ok, and if you switch one output port from OH does the IPX applies the modification ?

Yes
when i switch from OH, IPX applies
when i swith from IPX, nothing in OH

Here is a sample of my items

Switch ChauffParents (1e_chambreParents) {channel=“gce:ipx800v3:ipx:relay#1”}

This seems to be good. I made a test on my side and it works fine. Maybe we can ask @valefranch if he as any problem on his part ?

which firmware do you use ?

Same as you

The binding checks the ipx800’s xml page ?
This one ? (outputs are leds ?)

do i have to make a specific conf for my switch items in OH to reflect status ?

In this period I’m concentrate to test Analog channels (that works very well), but in a quick test I have a problem!
OUTPUT
Command from OH to IPX800 --> nothing happens
Change status on IPX800 --> OK (sometimes with delay)
INPUT
Change status on IPX800 --> OK (sometimes with delay)

Update
This evening I restart Openhab and after that the binding works well!
@Johan_Thomas try to restart Openhab

Happy new year !!
For information, another strange behaviour on my openhab install when there is power outage (only have ups for openhab but not for my IPX800) → The binding seem to lost communication with the IPX800 but it never restore it.after
I have multiple example and the only solution is to restart openhab.
Here is some error in the log file :

2020-12-29 10:12:05.158 [ERROR] [ersey.server.ServerRuntime$Responder] - An I/O error has occurred while writing a response message entity to the container output stream.
org.glassfish.jersey.server.internal.process.MappableException: org.eclipse.jetty.io.EofException

And lot of log line after there is this :

Caused by: java.io.IOException: Relais brisé (pipe)

If you have an idea ?
Thanks and happy new year :slight_smile: again !

Happy new year!!
I’m not a network protocol expert, but I think it is due to TCP protocol…
Probably “openhab side” there is no auto-refresh of the connection, and you must restart openHAB runtime or restart the binding.

I think it is better if you report this problem on github as glhopital asked…
… or put the alimentation of the IPX800 under UPS :slight_smile:

bye
Valentino

Hi,

Sorry if this is not the good place, as I’m new to OH and GCE binding.

First of all, thanks for the great work, as my setup relies very much on IPX800 boxes, and the OH+GCE binding combo seems very promising for powering it.

Hence I have made a fresh install of OH3 and the version of GCE binding that comes with it, and I am having the same refresh issue : when IPX outputs are changed outside of OH, their state are not reflected in OH. Did you eventually solve the problem in OH 2 ? Am I missing some configuration work ?

I’d be happy to help in any way with the binding (as long as it doesn’t involve coding, which sadly I’m far from being capable of :roll_eyes:).