Is Habmin compatible with 1.8.2?

Hi,

I’ve been using openhab and habmin for a while, without any problems. However on updating openhab (and the zwave addon) to 1.8.2, habmin’s zwave configuration screen has stopped working.

When it click onto it I get a series of errors in the logs (copied below). Most of the zwave functions then seem to work (although I haven’t fully tested them), but the product explorer doesn’t come up at all.

Any help would be appreciated!

22:47:51.279 ERROR c.s.j.s.c.ContainerResponse[:419]- The RuntimeException could not be mapped to a response, re-throwing to the HTTP container java.lang.NullPointerException: null at org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.config.ZWaveConfiguration.getConfiguration(ZWaveConfiguration.java:127) at org.openhab.io.habmin.services.zwave.ZWaveConfigResource.getConfig(ZWaveConfigResource.java:73) at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor110.invoke(Unknown Source) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) at com.sun.jersey.spi.container.JavaMethodInvokerFactory$1.invoke(JavaMethodInvokerFactory.java:60) 22:47:51.280 ERROR o.a.h.ReflectorServletProcessor[:162]- onRequest() java.lang.NullPointerException: null at org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.config.ZWaveConfiguration.getConfiguration(ZWaveConfiguration.java:127) at org.openhab.io.habmin.services.zwave.ZWaveConfigResource.getConfig(ZWaveConfigResource.java:73) at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor110.invoke(Unknown Source) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) at com.sun.jersey.spi.container.JavaMethodInvokerFactory$1.invoke(JavaMethodInvokerFactory.java:60) 22:47:51.287 WARN o.e.j.servlet.ServletHandler[:553]- /services/habmin/zwave/products/ java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NullPointerException at org.atmosphere.handler.ReflectorServletProcessor.onRequest(ReflectorServletProcessor.java:163) at org.atmosphere.cpr.AsynchronousProcessor.action(AsynchronousProcessor.java:206) at org.atmosphere.cpr.AsynchronousProcessor.suspended(AsynchronousProcessor.java:105) at org.atmosphere.container.Jetty7CometSupport.service(Jetty7CometSupport.java:57) at org.atmosphere.container.JettyAsyncSupportWithWebSocket.service(JettyAsyncSupportWithWebSocket.java:67) at org.atmosphere.cpr.AtmosphereFramework.doCometSupport(AtmosphereFramework.java:2076) Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: null at org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.config.ZWaveConfiguration.getConfiguration(ZWaveConfiguration.java:127) at org.openhab.io.habmin.services.zwave.ZWaveConfigResource.getConfig(ZWaveConfigResource.java:73) at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor110.invoke(Unknown Source) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) at com.sun.jersey.spi.container.JavaMethodInvokerFactory$1.invoke(JavaMethodInvokerFactory.java:60) 22:50:48.951 ERROR c.s.j.s.c.ContainerResponse[:419]- The RuntimeException could not be mapped to a response, re-throwing to the HTTP container java.lang.NullPointerException: null at org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.config.ZWaveConfiguration.getConfiguration(ZWaveConfiguration.java:127) at org.openhab.io.habmin.services.zwave.ZWaveConfigResource.getConfig(ZWaveConfigResource.java:73) at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor110.invoke(Unknown Source) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) at com.sun.jersey.spi.container.JavaMethodInvokerFactory$1.invoke(JavaMethodInvokerFactory.java:60) 22:50:48.954 ERROR o.a.h.ReflectorServletProcessor[:162]- onRequest() java.lang.NullPointerException: null at org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.config.ZWaveConfiguration.getConfiguration(ZWaveConfiguration.java:127) at org.openhab.io.habmin.services.zwave.ZWaveConfigResource.getConfig(ZWaveConfigResource.java:73) at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor110.invoke(Unknown Source) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) at com.sun.jersey.spi.container.JavaMethodInvokerFactory$1.invoke(JavaMethodInvokerFactory.java:60) 22:50:48.959 WARN o.e.j.servlet.ServletHandler[:553]- /services/habmin/zwave/products/ java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NullPointerException at org.atmosphere.handler.ReflectorServletProcessor.onRequest(ReflectorServletProcessor.java:163) at org.atmosphere.cpr.AsynchronousProcessor.action(AsynchronousProcessor.java:206) at org.atmosphere.cpr.AsynchronousProcessor.suspended(AsynchronousProcessor.java:105) at org.atmosphere.container.Jetty7CometSupport.service(Jetty7CometSupport.java:57) at org.atmosphere.container.JettyAsyncSupportWithWebSocket.service(JettyAsyncSupportWithWebSocket.java:67) at org.atmosphere.cpr.AtmosphereFramework.doCometSupport(AtmosphereFramework.java:2076) Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: null at org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.config.ZWaveConfiguration.getConfiguration(ZWaveConfiguration.java:127) at org.openhab.io.habmin.services.zwave.ZWaveConfigResource.getConfig(ZWaveConfigResource.java:73) at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor110.invoke(Unknown Source) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) at com.sun.jersey.spi.container.JavaMethodInvokerFactory$1.invoke(JavaMethodInvokerFactory.java:60)

This is a known problem with the ZWave binding in 1.8.2 - something is likely corrupted in the database. I’m not sure when 1.8.3 is scheduled for, but we’ll fix it there. In the meantime I can only suggest you continue to use 1.8.2 ZWave binding.

thank you!

What was the last stable version prior to 1.8.2? I think I am having the sample problem…

1.8.1 :slight_smile:

I would always recommend using the latest version, which is currently 1.9.0-SNAPSHOT. It will always have the most recent database.

I can’t seem to locate 1.9.0 SNAPSHOT, did you have a link?

Though I was able to solve my problem with 1.8.0 SNAPSHOT.

I may try Hm2 now if it is backwards compatible with the OH android app…
Is the 1.9.0 zwave binding compatible with any version of OH?

Thanks.

You can get the latest OH builds from Cloudbees.

If you are using OH1, then HABmin 2 (I assume that’s what Hm2 means?) will not work.

The 1.9 binding will work with any version of openHAB.

So what about the 2.0 version currently in the OH2 addons?

I think part of the confusion with files is that is not clear which bindings work for which version, and which are the latest versions for respective bindings. I think this stems from the vast redundancy of URLs provided (or found online) as to where to find these files:

OH
http://www.openhab.org/getting-started/downloads.html
https://openhab.ci.cloudbees.com/job/openHAB-Distribution/

addons
https://openhab.ci.cloudbees.com/job/openHAB1-Addons/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/bundles/

Habmin

(as a binding)

OH2
http://www.openhab.org/getting-started/downloads.html
https://bintray.com/openhab/bin/openHAB2/view
https://bintray.com/openhab/mvn/openhab2-addons/
https://github.com/openhab/openhab-distro (it is not clear from the URL or the title of the page that this is really OH2. Only by reading down further and the diagrams does it really mean otherwise.)

addons (although it is claimed OH2 comes with addons already)
https://openhab.ci.cloudbees.com/job/openHAB2-Addons/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/addons/

Habmin2 (as a binding)
https://github.com/cdjackson/HABmin2/tree/master/output

I think just having one common URL (most likely the cloudbees one) and removing the rest would be extremely helpful.

There should not be multiple versions. If you look back in history then yes you will of course find some test versions, but to install the Zwave binding you ahould do so through paperUI and it will manage this for you.

Habmin should be downloaded from the release section in the Habmin GitHub site.

Simple :wink:.

Chris

I think I may be having a similar, but not quite same problem. I’m running openHAB 1.8.1 and using the 1.9.0 SNAPSHOT zwave binding. In HABmin 1 the product explorer is empty. When I click on the zwave binding on the configuration tab I get the following errors (truncated for brevity) in my openhab.log:

2016-04-07 16:28:44.061 [ERROR] [.s.container.ContainerResponse] - The RuntimeException could not be mapped to a response, re-throwing to the HTTP container
java.lang.NullPointerException: null
at org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.config.ZWaveConfiguration.getConfiguration(ZWaveConfiguration.java:128) ~[bundlefile:na]
at org.openhab.io.habmin.services.zwave.ZWaveConfigResource.getConfig(ZWaveConfigResource.java:73) ~[na:na]
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor79.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[na:na]
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[na:1.8.0_65]
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:497) ~[na:1.8.0_65]
at com.sun.jersey.spi.container.JavaMethodInvokerFactory$1.invoke(JavaMethodInvokerFactory.java:60) ~[jersey-server-1.18.1.jar:1.18.1]
at com.sun.jersey.server.impl.model.method.dispatch.AbstractResourceMethodDispatchProvider$ResponseOutInvoker._dispatch(AbstractResourceMethodDispatchProvider.java:205) ~[jersey-server-1.18.1.jar:1.18.1]

Any suggestions?

But you didn’t answer my question, 2.0.0 looks like the latest version, not 1.9.0. Plus they do not work anyways. So I am sticking with 1.8.0

Well, your question was “What about the 2.0 versions”, so I answered this question and provided an explanation of what to use if you are using openHAB2.

If you are using OH1 still, then you should use 1.9.

You need to decide…

Very well. I will say I did miss the point that 1.9 works for OH1 + OH2, and inferred that zwave bindings in generally are compatible for both. This seems to not be the case.

But I will also say that it really be helpful is if each binding’s .jar file listed what OH version it supports, so one that doesn’t have to infer anything.

The ZWave binding is compatible with both 1.9 and 1.8.2.