Is here anyone using Volumio?

Hi

i am a fan till 3 days of this binding as well and of course Issued a feature request on github for this binding immediately :slight_smile:

But as I said there, I am willing to support, if you are not active on this binding anymore.

1 Like

It would be great to see @patrickseā€™s work on openHAB2ā€™s Pull Request list (and eventually in the distro) already :slight_smile:

If youā€™re going to cooperate on this - please refer to this issue in the PR description.

Iā€™m waiting for my I2S DAC for Raspberry PI so Iā€™ll definitely test this binding as soon as I have the hardware completed.

Iā€™m wondering if the AudioSink support works already?

Thank you @patrickse for your work!

Cheers

@kubawolanin

Thanks :slight_smile:. I really hope to put some more work into the binding and actually close the open issue.

Just returned from my holidayā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™ve been trying to get this to work, but so far not understanding how to get this properly configured in OH2. I also see the example section in Github not filled out. Can someone provide a bit more info on what to do after installing this addon to at least get a playlist to play?

Hello patrikse,

Iā€™m using your binding and was verry happy about it. Great work! I have still a little wish for implementation: is it possible to get the progtress of a running title? It is#nt very important, but would be fine to display.

thanks a lot for your work!

@amsd I am not really sure if this information is sent by the web socket api. I think I remember that the client was responsible to manage the progress of a running title. So as soon as volumio starts playing, will send an information to the client and the client will start counting up.

But please just add an issue on github, so I will have a look in spare time ;)ā€¦

Hi,

Just a question.
It is possible to select a volumio player as audio sink in openHAB.
However, a runtime error occurs when for example use SAY to send text to speech to the default audio sink.

Is it possible to use volumio as an audio sink for openHAB?

Regards,

Peter

@petervk IĀ“ve started to work on this topic. But itĀ“s far from being ready. Feel free to add this feature and give me PR on github ;).

Yeah being able to use volumio as an audio sink for notifications would be AWESOME!

Iā€™m considering to install Volumio and integrate it with OpenHAB.

Does anyone know if it is possible to start a Spotify playlist via Volumio using OpenHAB?

Thanks,
Dries

Thanks for amazing job just did it and everything is working like a charm. Volumnio is up and running. im only missing abilty to change from player to Radio, plus maybe playlist selection option. But im a happy camper as it is.

Exactly, what I was here looking for. The Volumio2 binding is awesome, but Iā€™d prefer more to use my multi-room streaming setup.

I have a Volumio SnapCast network and now Iā€™m considering adding some OpenHAB stuff. Iā€™ve only just got into OpenHAB.

My question was, should I use OpenHAB devices for streaming too or not.

If you found an answer it would be good to know, cos my plan was to look into making a SnapCast binding, if time permits and one doesnā€™t already exist.

Hi patrickse,

could you please explain me how i get the playlist function to work?
For example i would like to play my created playlist ā€œTestā€ on my Volumio Device.

So iĀ“ve created the following Items and Sitemap:

Volumio.items:
String Volumio_Playerl ā€œTestā€ { channel=ā€œvolumio2:player:f486da07:playPlaylistā€}

Sitemap.items:
Switch item=Volumio_Playerl mappings=[Test=ā€˜Testā€™]

I dont know how i could start the playlist, so i tried to get it working via mappings but it seems to be the wrong way. If i try it via http, its working: http://192.168.178.98/api/v1/commands/?cmd=playplaylist&name=Test

Thanks in advance

Dsn90 you tried via http via browser or OpenHab?

I have the same problem that i dont know how to start a specific playlist via openhab and the volumio2 binding.

I am using rules to pass in the name for the playlistā€¦ So you could take a button and define a rule to sendCommand to the playPlaylist item with the name as value for the command.

Hi patrickse,
Im new to Openhab and im user of Volumio distro.
Could you please post the code for your playlist rule? Iā€™m very newbie andā€¦i need just a direction to start :slight_smile:

Anyone? Nobody helps this newbie? :confused:

Hi Bud,
did you found the solution already?

Anyway, I had the same problems, played a bit around and found how to build the request:

rule "testSwitch"
when 
    Item testSwitch changed to ON
then
   Volumio_playPlaylist.sendCommand("test")
 end

My Items, where xyz is the player id:

String   Volumio_Title       "Title: [%s]"                   (kI)   { channel="volumio2:player:xyz:title" }
String   Volumio_Artist      "Artist: [%s]"                  (kI)   { channel="volumio2:player:xyz:artist" }
String   Volumio_Album       "Album: [%s]"                   (kI)   { channel="volumio2:player:xyz:album" }
Dimmer   Volumio_Volume      "Volume"         <soundvolume>  (kI)   { channel="volumio2:player:xyz:volume" }
Player   Volumio_Player      "Player"                        (kI)   { channel="volumio2:player:xyz:player" }
String   Volumio_playPlaylist      "playPlaylist" { channel="volumio2:player:xyz:playPlaylist"}
String   Volumio_playRadioStream      "playRadioStream" { channel="volumio2:player:xyz:playRadioStream"}

I hope that helps? :thinking:

Hi Stefan, im happy you found the solutionā€¦ i thank you very very muchā€¦
A stupid questionā€¦ is the volumio binding needed?

Hi Bud, yes exactly. Do you know how to install ist?
Download the latest JAR-File mentioned above and if I remember it right, put it into this folder:

/usr/share/openhab2/addons/

Iā€™m struggling by myself with Volumio itself playing a webradio stream. Btw. if you would like to try this as well:

Volumio_playRadioStream.sendCommand("http://www.wdr.de/wdrlive/media/kiraka.m3u")