Is Setpoint and valuecolor supported?

Release = Raspbian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)
Kernel = Linux 4.19.75-v7+
Platform = Raspberry Pi 2 Model B Rev 1.1
openHAB 2.4.0-1 (Release Build)

While using valuecolor on a Setpoint item nothing happens however labelcolor is working

Does it means valuecolor is not supported by a SetPoint item or is this for a new release?
Thanks
Robert

Unlike some places we prefer having details about what you atr trying to accomplish. you so not even state the TYPE if Item you are testing.

Tried this; I think you’ve found a bug in BasicUI for OH2.4.
valuecolor= for Setpoint widget works in ClassicUI but not BasicUI

This should be tested in later version.

@rossko57
Yes you are right it is OK with the Classic UI, I hope this will be corrected with the next version.
@Bruce_Osborne
:smirk:

Please report the issue on GitHub where the developers look to resolve problems. Not all of them user this community forum.

It won’t be corrected unless reported.

It may already have been corrected, there have been UI updates.
Would an OH2.5M4/5 user be do kind as to test for us? A Setpoint with valuecolor=[“red”] will do.

@rossko57
Yes but …
After years of using OH1, I ’ just spend some long weeks…s to configure a new environment with OH2.4, going from surprises to surprises while simply trying adapt my new MQTT devices using OH2.
So let me go through my journey across 2.4 before starting a new kind of experience with 2.5.
NB: As friendly requested, did open an issue see [https://github.com/openhab/openhab-core/issues/1234]

I can confirm that both valuecolor and labelcolor wont work on a Setpoint in 2.5M5 in Basic UI in a browser, but… on the IOS app it works.

1 Like