Is there a console command to reload the conf directory

I’m using kitematic for mac to run a opehab locally for testing purposes. I can mount the conf directory but the openhab server does not detect the changes to file. I can enter the running container and I can see that they have changed but maybe because of the special setup openhab cannot monitor the changes. To solve this problem need the be able to tell the openhab server to reload the conf directory but I don’t know the command, does anybody know this command?

There is no specific console command, but you should be able to trigger it through certain bundle restarts.

If you want to load the DSL files (items, sitemaps, rules, etc.), you need to restart bundle org.eclipse.smarthome.model.core (which has id 115 for me, so you do “bundle:restart 115” ).
For the cfg files in conf/services, you need to restart org.eclipse.smarthome.config.dispatch, which has id 94 for me.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

Thanks for the quick reply, I will try it tonight.

Yes it works thanks.

I found out that you don’t have to specify the numeric id. You can also use the symbolic name, the following command also works and is more robust:
bundle:restart org.eclipse.smarthome.model.core

You can use the command bundle:list -s to find the symbolic name

1 Like

For those of you from the future, bundle:refresh org.openhab.core.model.core will get it done in OH4.