Is there a way to extract and use binding from a back-up?

Hello!

Is there a way to extract installed binding from backed up OpenHAB folder? I’m using OH2 on Windows 7, and I’ve already tried to copy and replace files in \OpenHAB\userdata\tmp\mvn\org\openhab\binding, but after checking it in Karaf console, bundle:list shows the latest version date. I’m having some trouble with Z-Wave binding, and I would like to revert to a binding that was working correctly, but I don’t want to revert OH to backed up version, because I would like to retain persisted data. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
Davor

What is the problem you’re having?

Hello @chris

Basically, I’m having problem when turning Z-Wave lights off using rules or UI (using a wall switch works correctly). Light turns off, but after a few seconds dimmer in the UI jumps to a random value. Problem is described in this topic:

Best regards,
Davor

Ok - I’ll try and look at this again over the weekend. The issue has been reverted so I’ll have to check why it’s still not working :frowning: .

Hello!

When did you revert it? I’m using 2.1.0.201705151816 version of the Z-Wave binding. Is there a newer one? Thank you for your help.

Best regards,
Davor

Hello!

I’ve looked at the github commits, but in the last month, there are only database updates. There is one commit from April 17 that’s captioned “Revert to using static logger”, but I doubt that’s it (especially because we discussed this 11 days ago). Am I looking at the right repository (https://github.com/openhab/org.openhab.binding.zwave)?

Edit: Sorry, my fault, I was looking at the wrong folder changes. Maybe your changes haven’t made to a build when I was testing it (about 10 hours ago).

Best regards,
Davor

I can’t check the status of the build at the moment (cloudbees isblocked) so I’m not sure when it was built last but I’ll take a look tonight and if it’s not built I’ll trigger a new build.

I have the same problem with cloudbees here at work. Thank you a lot for your help.

Best regards,
Davor

Looks like openHAB2-bundles hasn’t been built in 3 days 10 hours.

Hello!

That coincide with a binding version I have (2.1.0.201705151816) even though I’ve installed a nightly #921 built today. I thought that bundles are built every time distribution package is built. Anyway, Chris said he’ll trigger a new build tonight, if it’s not included in the latest build.

Best regards,
Davor

Yeah, I dunno what’s going on with the builds. It’s kinda odd that the distro built last night, but the OH2 bindings haven’t built in several days.

I’m not sure that the “secondary” repos actually build automatically. Normally I go and manually trigger a build after I do a merge, but sometimes I forget…

1 Like

I’ve just kicked off a build…

1 Like

Thank you a lot for your help!

Best regards,
Davor

Let me know if it works - if not, I’ll take another look (I think it will be ok, but… :wink: ).

Of course, I’ll try it as soon as I get home and let you know about the result.

Best regards,
Davor

I just installed the latest build. The problem where the UI updates “randomly” no longer occurs.

Thanks!!

Thanks Mark.

Hello @chris

I’ve just tried it with a rule that was making it behave oddly (turning lights off when Plex state changes to “Playing” after sunset) and it works. Thank you a lot on your effort.

Best regards,
Davor