Issues Setting Up Nest Binding — redirect_uri: urn:ietf:wg:oauth:2.0:oob

greetings and salutations, all. i have been doing some reading through the forums and through the Documentation and haven’t really seen an answer about this in particular.

i understand that the Nest binding is getting ready to go away, but i thought this was worth asking for clarity’s sake. as i was going through oHAB’s wizard for the Nest binding, i entered the url to fetch the authorization code for refresh, but google’s API permissions interface spits back the following prompt:

from reading through everything, my best understanding is that Google (somewhat) recently changed the order of operations for oAuth login. this seem pursuant to that, but i wanted to ask here to make sure i wasn’t missing something obvious.

thanks for your help and consideration!

mitch

Hi,
I’ve been attempting to get this work but to no avail. When using as specified in the document “TVs and Limited Input devices” as application type and try to get the authorisation code I always run into this redirect_uri error as mentioned in the original post. When I use another application type, I’m able to generate the authorisation code. Addition it to the thing configuration I get the following error:

2022-03-28 22:51:27.537 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'nest:sdm_account:0640e28baf' changed from OFFLINE (CONFIGURATION_ERROR): Failed to authorize SDM client. Check the authorization code or generate a new one. to UNKNOWN

I must be overlooking something but for the live of me I can’t find it.

Thanks in advance for your help
Paul

Hello,

I have extactly the same experience. If I use “TVs and Limited Input devices” for oauth token then I get * redirect_uri: urn:ietf:wg:oauth:2.0:oob due to this token does not have redirect domain. Google documentation of Nest api suggest to use web application what contains this feature and I’m able to generate the authorization code. Then the binding has this connection faliure. So I think binding connection needs to be verified. I would be the interesting question what is the point when it needs to be changed as I assume everybody has to change the application from TV to WEB, generate a new code and refresh the binding. We will have same with Google TTS connection. I have received a warning from Google that they will switch off my connection from 1st of Jan. 2023. Pls advise what would be the next step.

thanks for your help and consideration!

Istvan

Fixed using latest 3.3.0