Issues with Pairing Iris Zigbee HA 1.2 Contact Sensor 3320-L

Running Openhabian Snapshot 2.3 build #1159 on RPI3. Using a GoControl/Linear HubZ USB dongle for my Zigbee controller. I’m able to pair other Zigbee devices to the HubZ like the Iris smart plug. On each attempt to pair the contact sensor, I follow the the factory reset procedure to make the contact sensor discoverable, ie it is blinking blue. When I kickoff the Zigbee device discovery poll from Paper UI, or HABmin, the contact sensor blinking status changes from blue to green and then a flash of red. It never shows up in the inbox. Many attempts made. Is this a problem with Zigbee HA 1.2 and the OpenHAB Zigbee binding? Or because the contact sensor is a security device, is a Security Key required in the Zigbee controller config?

We’d need to see a log. Please enable debug logging for org.openhab.binding.zigbee, and com.zsmartsystems.zigbee.

I can guess that this might be looking for an IAS server which is currently only working with the Telegesis dongle, but that is a guess at the moment.

Hi Chris, it’s been weeks since I’ve to pair with this Iris Zigbee door sensor. I turned on debugging via Karaf, attempted to pairing, and it worked first time. Did something change with Zigbee between Snapshot 1159 and 1192? Thanks for the support.

Chad

Yes - there have been a lot of changes.

As I mentioned earlier, the IAS client was not working before (it is now) and this is probably required for this device, so I guess this solved the issue.

I’ll add this sensor to the list of working devices :slight_smile:

Thanks.