Item expire - notification (action)

Hi all,
i’m on 3.4 and have a problem with a binding that every few weeks does not update items. so my idea is to use the expire add-on to send a twitter bot notification to myself to be notified and simply clear the problem.

With the power of OH3.4, is there a simple way or do i have to setup a rule that triggers on the “expire” NAN change?

Many Thanks,
Norbert

You can use the timestamp update or change profile to see when the items were last updated by the binding.
Based on this you can create a rule to check at a given frequency if there is an update or trigger a notification

You can use a combo of Expire to change the Item to UNDEF or NULL when it’s not updated for a time and then use Open Reminder [3.3.0;3.4.9) to call a rule to send the telegram message when an Item changes to such a state.

In OH 4 I’ve rewritten that rule template and eliminated the need for the Expire. It can be configured to report if the Item doesn’t update or change for a certain amount of time.

That would probably be the easiest right now.

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.