Items do not show values

• Platform information:
    • Hardware: Raspberrypi 4
    • openHAB version: 3.1.0
  • Issue of the topic: items based one NTP-Binding and MQTT-Binding don’t show values.
  • Please post configurations (if applicable): NTP-Binding and MQTT-Bindings are online
    • Items configuration related to the issue: Generic MQTT-Things with Channels and links
    • Sitemap configuration related to the issue: No Sitemap installed so far.
    • Rules code related to the issue: No Rules issued so far.
    • Services configuration related to the issue: Local Time with NTP-Server an Generic MQTT thing with Bridge to MQTT-Broker (everything is shown as online).
  • If logs where generated please post these here using code fences: NTP-Server and MQTT-Server send logs. here an example from NTP-Server : Item ‘NTPServerTest_DatumundZeit’ changed from 2021-11-03T17:19:55.447+0100 to 2021-11-03T17:20:55.449+0100.

My Problem: Everything seems to work, The Things are online, The Channels defined and linked to items. In the Items-Overview all values are shown and updated. The logs don`t show any problems.

But in the specific Item-View the Local-Time item and both Generic-MQTT-Things with 3 channels each, don’t show any values.

can anybody help?

What happens when you refresh the page?

The graph-line becomes updated, but no values are shown.

In this example of the Humidity-item the blue graph-line is updated after refresh.

Have you set any metadata on this Item? Default Standalone Widget or State Description in particular?

Does this Item have units?

No I din’t. Thank you for your questions which lead me to a track to follow.

With the Example Humidity I set the following metadata:

• State Discription: %.1f g/m³ read only

• Default Standalone Widget: action: analyse items.

So far still no values shown. Do I still miss something?

I don’t know. It’s really hard to read screenshots on my phone. This Item is just a Number right, no untis are defined?

I don’t know why the Item would show a state on the Items page but not the specific Item’s page. The only think I can recommend is to verify that the Item does in fact have a valid state (e.g. query for it in the REST API or write a rule to log it out) and if so open an issue on the openhab-webui repo.

I checked on the api-explorer and my item has a valid state (see
attached code). Sorry, but I didn’t understand your note to “open an
issue on the openhab-webui repo.” Where do you want me to post the issue?

{
“link”:

“state”: “21.73”,
“stateDescription”: {
“step”: 1,
“pattern”: “%.1f °C”,
“readOnly”: true,
“options”: []
},
“editable”: true,
“type”: “Number”,
“name”: “co2BMP280_Co2SensorRaumtemperatur”,