Items not updated


since i update my openhab2 i have a problem

For example I open 2 times the basic ui.

From one i set the switch to on .
And before updating , when i went to the second tab which is the same basic ui, the switch was toggled ON with 1sec delay more or less.

Since i updated nothing happen, and if i refresh the page, the switch come back to OFF.

i did not change anything on my conf folder. the only thing i did is to update oh2 and the main problem was with changes from mapdb to jsondb i think (in the previous post @sihui told me that) i had to reinstall binding but not everything is alright on the binding side.

In the event log i have the correct events :

2016-12-22 15:23:37.866 [ItemCommandEvent ] - Item ‘Light_GF_Kitchen_Ceiling’ received command ON
2016-12-22 15:23:40.151 [ItemCommandEvent ] - Item ‘Light_GF_Kitchen_Ceiling’ received command OFF
but nothing is changing ono the second basic ui opened.

has anyone had the problem?

Thanks a lot and thanks for the community for the work done on OH.


edit: i was thinkin about a problem with SSE but even if i refresh page , all switches stay at OFF position even if i switch them ON , so perhaps there’s a problem with SSE but there’s another problem with states…

I did a fresh install from apt-get (offline distro) , i copied only conf folder and same issue.

I would have never thought about trying to open two browser windows and checking that :slight_smile:
But I did it now and it works without any latency.

So the problem must be your binding/technology behind that switch.

What are you using for that?
What does you openhab.log say?
Did you switch that specific binding to debug logging?
What is SSE???

Behind there is knx 1.9 which was working like a charm before the update. Sse is the server send event implemented in oh2 no?

Is it possible that it’s a persistence issue ?

Edit: I will try to find out how to debug that switch , the problem occur on every switch

Edit2: but before binding with knx at first when I started using oh I made my config without any knx binding and the switch where working, so if I have time i will try another fresh install and make new conf by copying the content and see if it’s working

Could be … never heard of it :grinning:

ssh openhab@localhost -p 8101
Password is habopen
log:set DEBUG org.openhab.binding.knx
to go back to normal logging:
log:set INFO org.openhab.binding.knx

Thanks ,
but finally i installed a fresh version and i just edit my conf files and everything is now good again so perhaps something in my files were wrong… don’t know…
but i have now an other issue i will create a new thread soon about it .

Thanks a lot for your help and happy new year :slight_smile: